We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Harbour Town Mall - good deals & worth going?

Which Gold Coast hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
697 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Harbour Town Mall - good deals & worth going?

Hi,

Read that Harbour Town Mall is something of a factory outlet, do they offer products at marked down prices, something like those of US factory outlets? Are they worth going or they are about the same as the malls on gold coast eg Robina Mall, Pacific Fair? How are their prices as compared to say Robina Mall?

Thanks!

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Wellington, Bay of Islands
Level Contributor
10,073 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Harbour Town Mall - good deals & worth going?

Many of the outlets at Harbourtown are not found at Robina mall. There are definitely bargains to be had at Harbourtown. When we visit the GC which is often Harbourtown is one of our early visits so we can do a comparison with other retail outlets. Styles at Harbourtown are generally last years styles hence the cheaper prices. Savings of up to 70% are not uncommon.

Brisbane Aus
Level Contributor
676 posts
224 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Harbour Town Mall - good deals & worth going?

It all depends what you are looking for and a little bit of luck. I have bought some bargains on trips and other times have come home without anything.

I would only visit if you have an extra day available.

Singapore
Level Contributor
1,150 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Harbour Town Mall - good deals & worth going?

IMO, you shld do Harbour Town only when you have spare time. It was on our itinerary and we were given two hours to shop. We got bored there after half an hour. The wife, who is a shopaholic, couldn't find anything she wanted, so that tells you something about the place.

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
5,603 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Harbour Town Mall - good deals & worth going?

There are almost always bargains to be had at Harbour Town.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Noosa
Level Contributor
5,855 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Harbour Town Mall - good deals & worth going?

If you are coming from US then Harbourtown is a bit like Premium Outlets but much smaller. Some people love it, some don't.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
697 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Harbour Town Mall - good deals & worth going?

Thanks for the replies! We will go Harbour Town if there's extra time : )

Singapore
Level Contributor
101 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Harbour Town Mall - good deals & worth going?

Hi, I just back from gold coast last month. Harbour town is worth going there with great offer and discount. I have went to Pacific Fair and did not buy any instead I bought more shopping at Habour town.

8. Re: Harbour Town Mall - good deals & worth going?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 19:17