We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to get macadamia nuts and nougats in gold coast?

Singapore
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Where to get macadamia nuts and nougats in gold coast?

Hi, my friends and I will be visiting gold coast in jan and we hope someone can advice us on where is a good place in gold coast to get both macadamia nuts and nougats. Thanks.

Level Contributor
1,651 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to get macadamia nuts and nougats in gold coast?

Well, it depends on what kind you're looking for and how 'fancy' or not. For example, you can look at supermarkets like Woolworths and Coles. They will sell macadamia nuts for sure.

One popular nougat brand I know my overseas relatives enjoy is the Golden Boronia brand - http://golden-boronia.com/products/ I have seen them sold in souvenir stores in Surfers Paradise. Can't remember prices now or if they differ between store to store, so, best to compare a few. Should be similar in pricing though.

Souvenir stores often have macadamia nuts in souvenir boxes too. Have a look around though, as there should be lots of places that sell nuts and nougat.

Byron Bay, New...
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to get macadamia nuts and nougats in gold coast?

Hey,

We are a family owned macadamia farm near Byron Bay and sell macadamia nuts online. If you place an order before you arrive we can deliver it to your address on the Gold Coast. Check out our website: www.farmhousegourmet.com.au.

Alternatively, you can come and visit us on the farm and see all the beautiful macadamia trees! It's a good excuse to visit Byron Bay!

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Wellington, Bay of Islands
Level Contributor
10,099 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to get macadamia nuts and nougats in gold coast?

If everything fails I am sure they will be found in the departure shops at the airport. Both are Aussie favourites for inbound and outbound travellers

4. Re: Where to get macadamia nuts and nougats in gold coast?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 December 2013, 10:15