We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Theme parks

victoria
8 posts
Save Topic
Theme parks

Hello,

We have an 11 day holiday staying in an apartment in broadbeach, in may, cant wait! we are traveling with our 2 children, ages 2 and 4 and a half. We only want to visit 2 of the big theme parks,

My question is, out of dreamworld, wet'n'wild, movie world and sea world, which 2 would be the best choices and why? taking into account my kids ages and how much they will get out of it. Would love to hear some opinions and other ppl's experiences with the theme parks and smaller children,

Thanks!

Surfers Paradise...
Destination Expert
for Gold Coast, Surfers Paradise, Byron Bay
Level Contributor
6,035 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Theme parks

All of the theme parks would great for kids your age.

You can either buy the tickets seperately or group them together for a discount.

So, you can get Seaworld, Movieworld and Wet N Wild in one group.

And Dreamworld and White Water World in a second group.

I really like Dreamworld, but the first group probably represents better value for money if they are the same price.

victoria
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Theme parks

Thanks!! Yeah I guess te 3 park pass (W&W, MW and SW) make it an obvious choice, am happy to pay to see dreamworld and just one of the others if we will enjoy it more though.

So all the parks have plenty for young children? I worry we'll get there and be bored because the kids are too young to go on anything

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
283 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Theme parks

I think movie world is better for older children. Out of the 4 I'd pick dreamworld definitely, and either seaworld or wet n wild, depending on your preferences - marine life or are you all water babies? Might depend on the weather too... May may be too cold for w&w.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
453 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Theme parks

We went in Sept with our 4.75 year old and 6mth old (6 mth old got nothing from the experience lol) but the 4.75 year old loved it! We only visited Dreamworld and Seaworld. We spent full days at each and there were plenty of rides at each suitable for children in your kids age group, my DH took our son on a few bigger rides too where he needed an adult to accompany him and he loved those too. We watched a few of the animal shows at Seaworld but he was less interested in those. He loved Castaway Bay at Seaworld. He also loved Dinosaur Island and the dinosaur museum area.

Dreamworld he found Wiggles world a bit tame but your 2 year old would love it, he enjoyed Shrek world rides and Madagasca the vintage cars and the tiger show was interesting too.

We bought discounted tickets through our RACV membership.

It was a bit cold in Sept so we didn't do a waterpark although I think that would have been a hit.

Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Theme parks

I think dreamworld & white water world double pass would work well. Dreamworld and white water world have lots of stuff for kids.

victoria
8 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Theme parks

Thanks! Great suggestions guys

Sydney, New South...
Level Contributor
340 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Theme parks

Having taken little ones to the parks I would advise Seaworld. We went to Dreamworld last week and to be honest there is a lot of stuff that your children are too young for.

8. Re: Theme parks

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 January 2014, 06:19