We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gold coast shuttle

Which Gold Coast hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
10 posts
Save Topic
Gold coast shuttle

Hi,

I will be travelling with my hubby and 1 yr old baby this coming May.

We wont be renting any car.

We thought of buying the gold pass from gold coast tourist shuttle ? Any reviews on that?

Level Contributor
1,651 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Gold coast shuttle

Don't buy the shuttle pass. It's a waste of money in my opinion. If you plan to only see a few sights or attractions each day, then, you're not going to catch enough buses to make it of good value for the price you pay. Also, it's easy to get to all of the theme parks, shopping centres, Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary, etc. on your own.

Some of the places where it is difficult to get to, if you aren't hiring a car, are the national parks (no public bus will take you there, so, you need to join a day tour instead) or when heading back to your hotel after the Outback Spectacular show at night time (as no public buses run when that show finishes - you'll need to catch private transfer like with Con-X-ion or a taxi).

Instead, look at just catching the public bus - Either pay cash when getting on board to the bus driver, or get a Go Card (tap on every time you get on the bus, and tap off every time you get off the bus - If you don't tap on and off, you'll pay a higher fare than what you should have), which will see you paying even cheaper fares than if you use cash.

10 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Gold coast shuttle

Hi Arisanosila...

We were lookin at gold coast shuttle gold pass as they provide transfer from hotel to theme park. I thought this would ease our travelling.

Level Contributor
1,651 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Gold coast shuttle

Ultimately, it's up to you. For me, I would never pay for the pass because I want to save money on transport and use it for other things. I get too that some appreciate door-to-door transfers, but, I don't mind walking a little bit to the bus stop to catch the bus. Just to give you an idea, for example, if you're going from Surfers Paradise to Movieworld, it'll cost you $7.50 per adult/one-way with cash, or $5.13 per adult/one-way with the Go Card. I don't think I could spend $53 for transport in 3 days (I might use that much for a trip with more than 3 days though), BUT, I don't know what your travel plans are like (e.g. if you plan to go to A LOT of places each day, then, yes, it might be worth it ...).

Where are you staying, by the way?

Edited: 11 April 2013, 10:57
10 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Gold coast shuttle

Thanks for the detailed explanation. We will be staying at meriton service apartment at broadbeach.

Level Contributor
1,651 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Gold coast shuttle

Excellent accommodation choice! :D I love Broadbeach - lots of restaurants, you'll be close to Oasis Mall (which has Woolworths supermarket) and Pacific Fair is in the opposite direction, with beach not too far away either.

Not sure if you're going to go with the Gold Pass, but, if you're going to catch the bus, you're under 10 minutes walk away from the bus which is at the Gold Coast Convention Centre.

Happy travels!

6. Re: Gold coast shuttle

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 April 2014, 06:18