We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

September Weather

Lurgan
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Topic
September Weather

Hows the weather in september in the Gold Coast??? We are starting from Brisbane and have 6 days rental of a campervan, also how far do you recommmend we should go in that amount of time with one driver, really wanna take in bryon bay, any recomendations furter south than that?

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,492 posts
1,583 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: September Weather

Hi Lurgan,

September is Spring in Australia, the best time to visit, Temps range between 15min - 26 max.

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g255055-c3001/Austral… for details on coast drive south of Brisbane

Brisbane to Gold Coast takes approx 1hr...My suggestion to you is drive the freeway to Southport and then turn into the coastal route...to see Surfers Paradise and all the towns until Coolangatta..takes about another 40mins...from Coolangatta take the coastal route to Byron Bay, it takes approx 30 mins. ..thru Tweed heads.. (you can take the freeway all the way from Brisbane to Byron but you will miss the Gold Coast).

If you go into above site, you will see what you can do and how long it takes to get from A to B, plus some other interesting destinations.

I am sure others can give you other hints and tips to add.

Woodford, Australia
Level Contributor
236 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: September Weather

If considering swimming in Sept the sea temp will still be fairly cool.

The Coastal Road from Byron Bay south to Ballina is well worth the extra 30km or so. I would also check out some of the hinterland - you could do a round tour and return via one of the roads that run over the border ranges, such as Kyogle to Beaudesert via woodenbong or border loop, or Murwillumbah across to Currumbin on the Gold Coast. Mount Warning is well worth a look. If pottery interests check out Stokers Siding Pottery - they have some very nice stuff there

Cheers skip

Australia
Level Contributor
1,055 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: September Weather

The water on the Gold Coast is still a little too cool for the locals but you may find it OK (my husband starts swimming in the ocean in late September).

Coff Harbour is a nice place for a stop over (aprox 1/2 way between Brisbane and Sydney).

4. Re: September Weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2009, 18:19