We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4N/3D itinerary plan - please help

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
1,250 posts
Save Topic
4N/3D itinerary plan - please help

I will be arriving at the airport at July 3(wed) 4.50pm, stay for 3 nights and leave by Sunday 9am departure flight.

I may be stay at the Coolangatta yha since I arrive late and leave early(I believe i can just walk to the airport ?). My problem is not knowing what to do during the middle 3 full days.

After reading much from websites and guidebooks, all I gather are the beaches and theme parks.

1)Its winter, will the beaches be "active" then ?

2)I may spend I day trip to Brisbane or stay a night there. Is Brisbane great for night view or events that I should not miss ?

3)In every place I travel, I like to walk and explore the place but no idea where to walk in Gold Coast, unlike any other cities where there are suggested walks. Can anyone suggest where I can walk or take public bus to see nice views, buildings, shopping malls, shops or cafes ? I am prepared to walk a full day.

4) If I wish to spend on just 1 theme or 2 theme park, which will you recommend for more thrills for adults(not kids) like rollercoaster rides etc ? Is it Dreamworld ? I will miss their June entry offer, how much will it be in July(not stated in their website) ?

TQ.

Mentioned in this post
Coolangatta
Coolangatta
Gold Coast, Australia
Brisbane
Brisbane
Brisbane Region, Australia
Gold Coast
Gold Coast
Queensland, Australia
Level Contributor
1,651 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 4N/3D itinerary plan - please help

As I stayed in your other thread, I think it's a bad idea to stay in Coolangatta, but, if you've booked, then, that's okay, but, if you haven't, there is absolutely no reason why you would have to stay so close to the Airport. The bus that runs to the Airport even runs after midnight, so, if you need to catch an early bus, you should have no problems.

(1) The beaches won't really be "active" as such. You definitely can't compare Winter crowds to the numbers of people who go to the beach in Summer.

(2) With such a short trip, is there a particular reason why you want to go to Brisbane? I would personally prefer to spend all my time on the Gold Coast instead, but, do whatever you wish. There are always things happening in Brisbane - just depends on what you're interested in.

(3) Please note that the Gold Coast is made up of a lot of suburbs/areas, so, there's no way you can walk from Coolangatta to Surfers Paradise or anything like that. Make use of the public buses available. If you stay in more central areas like Surfers Paradise, that is where the main tourist things are like the SkyPoint Observation deck. Shops open a bit later there than anywhere else on the Gold Coast. You can also explore Broadbeach (area before SP), Main Beach (area after SP), etc.

There are beaches everywhere - in Coolangatta, Burleigh Heads, Broadbeach, Surfers Paradise, etc. Surfers Paradise has beachfront markets on Wednesday and Friday night, but, they are rather small in comparison to markets in KL, Singapore, HK, etc.!

Shopping malls include: Pacific Fair in Broadbeach, Robina Town Centre, etc. If you like factory outlets, then, you might look at Harbour Town. Surfers Paradise has lots of shops.

(4) Yes, you definitely should go to Dreamworld, especially, if you like rollercoasters. Dreamworld has some good deals - look at their tickets and passes to see which suits you best. I am not sure why you can't see the ticket prices for July, as they are all applicable for this year. There is the individual day tickets or you can look at passes like the 'Unlimited World Pass', for example, which if you plan to come back to the Gold Coast before June next year, then, that might be a good deal. See here: dreamworld.com.au/Visitor-Information/Great-…

Make sure to obtain the little piece of paper with the show times, when you get the Dreamworld map at entry, so, that you know when the shows are, and therefore, can plan your day around the shows you want to see. For example, there is a tiger show. Make sure to get there early because there are no seats. Instead, you will stand against the railing, so, get there early to secure a good spot, or else, you might have other people blocking your view.

Mentioned in this post
Coolangatta
Coolangatta
Gold Coast, Australia
Brisbane
Brisbane
Gold Coast
Gold Coast
Queensland, Australia
Surfers Paradise
Surfers Paradise
Gold Coast, Australia
SkyPoint Observation Deck
SkyPoint Observation Deck
2,940 Reviews
Surfers Paradise, Australia
Broadbeach
Broadbeach
Gold Coast, Australia
Main Beach
Main Beach
Gold Coast, Australia
Burleigh Heads
Burleigh Heads
Gold Coast, Australia
Robina
Robina
Gold Coast, Australia
Dreamworld
Dreamworld
2,836 Reviews
Coomera, Australia
Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
1,250 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 4N/3D itinerary plan - please help

TQ very very much arisanosila for the detailed reply.

I think of Coolangatta because I arrive 4.30pm and depart at 9.00am flight. I will consider staying at Surfers Paradise but that means I have to pay 2 way fares for the airport but I can walk Coolangatta means I can walk and during the 3 days in between, they provide free shuttle to the centre and return, and they give breakfast. Of course, you are right, convenience should be more important, the savings are not much anyway. My deciding factor now is just 1 - Can I reach the airport safely before 8 am if I stay at SP ? What time must I check out ?

About Dreamworlds combo tickets, I am mistaken. Thanks again for that.

I want to see Brisbane because it's a well known city too. The others mentioned a day trip will do and since GC are all beaches and not much of city sights, I think I will distribute the 3 days into 1 day for Dreamworlds group theme parks, 1 day for shopping malls and 2 or 3 beaches sightseeing only & 1 day for Brisbane. I think it's not too rush, what do you think ?

TQ again.

Mentioned in this post
Coolangatta
Coolangatta
Gold Coast, Australia
Surfers Paradise
Surfers Paradise
Gold Coast, Australia
Brisbane
Brisbane
3. Re: 4N/3D itinerary plan - please help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2014, 05:17