We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dream World in wet weather

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
111 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
Dream World in wet weather

Can someone guide us if we visit Dreamworld during wet weather than what are chances of rides working while its raining? Do they have any indoor activities for young children (under 10 years) which we can access? We plan to visit Gold Coast this sat/sun 29/30 June and I can see rain forecast for both days. We don't have more time as we have onward travel booked. Thanks for your help.

Darwin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Darwin
Level Contributor
5,499 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dream World in wet weather

Thats tricky.

We were there when it rained and some of the rides shut- alot actually. I think the issue is if there is lightning then they are more cautious. Or you just get wet....

I would call them to make sure what opens and what doesnt.

There is limited indoor things, which inadvertently get crowded.

What about going to wet and wild- wont matter if its wet- but you may get cold!!

Level Contributor
1,651 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Dream World in wet weather

Hopefully, it doesn't rain too much. We went on a day where it rained, which saw a lot of people leaving. When it was raining, it meant less people could go on the rides, if they were running (which on the day we went, they were). The good thing that happened (and what I'd hope will happen for you, apart from it not raining, that is!) was the rain didn't last too long, and lines moved quicker because lots of people had left.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
111 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dream World in wet weather

Many thanks for your advice. I hope it doesn't rain heavily this weekend.

4. Re: Dream World in wet weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 June 2014, 06:20