We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What's the best luxury romantic retreat in GC Hinterland

Which Gold Coast hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Yeppoon, Australia
Level Contributor
86 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
What's the best luxury romantic retreat in GC Hinterland

Stayed at ruffles twice and love the tree houses. Where else could we stay that preferably has a restaurant and is as good? A lot of the others seem to be almost hotel style, with little privacy. Any suggestions?

Somerset
Destination Expert
for Somerset, Solo Travel, Exmoor National Park
Level Contributor
25,798 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What's the best luxury romantic retreat in GC Hinterland

Up in the Sunshine Coast hinterland - Not as classy as that looks but we stayed at the Tree Houses of Monteville with log burners and double jacuzzi Plate glass on 2 sides and you could sit in the bath and watch the parrots come in to roost.

It's right on a National Park so 5 mins and you're into beautiful walks. The bird life was amazing.

There were quite a few more luxurious lodges around Monteville that I never got to try, I think it would be right up you're street. One would deliver breakfast to you're lodge.

montville-cabins.com.au/cabins-rates/…

http://www.narrowsescape.com.au/

montvillegetaways.com.au/lillypillys/index.h… Lillypillys was the one I fancied

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
61 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What's the best luxury romantic retreat in GC Hinterland

Songbirds up on tamborine mountain,its gorgeous and the restaurant is amazing also. Have been there many times and have aleays loved it

Surfers Paradise...
Destination Expert
for Gold Coast, Surfers Paradise, Byron Bay
Level Contributor
6,011 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What's the best luxury romantic retreat in GC Hinterland

I agree with Songbirds, but also try Pethers and mouses houses.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,419 posts
258 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What's the best luxury romantic retreat in GC Hinterland

binnaburralodge.com.au/Binna-Burra/Staying-a…

There is a restaurant at the premises and lots of bushwalks you can do at Binna Burra. A very pretty and often missed part of the Gold Coast Hinterland. If you get really bored you can drive down to Canungra for some food, but the views at Binna Burra will make you want to stay.

Surfers Paradise...
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: What's the best luxury romantic retreat in GC Hinterland

I would recommend a guesthouse/resort in tamborine mountain. There a quite a few high quality resortsthat specifically cater for couples and newlyweds.

6. Re: What's the best luxury romantic retreat in GC Hinterland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 September 2014, 06:35