We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sheraton Mirage vs. Peppers Broadbeach

Las Vegas, New...
Level Contributor
24 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Sheraton Mirage vs. Peppers Broadbeach

Family of 4, deciding between these 2 hotels. Price comparable, like that Sheraton is on the beach but Peppers has fabulous reviews and more space. Deciding factor- which has a better beach for kids (age 8 and 10), ... thanks!

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
26,146 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sheraton Mirage vs. Peppers Broadbeach

For a family of four, Peppers Broadbeach.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
13 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sheraton Mirage vs. Peppers Broadbeach

Peppers Broadbeach definitely has the best beach and more kid-friendly activities. However I'm probably the only only who has ever given a poor review ot it. There's a HUGE playground across the road adjacent to the beach which even a 10 year old would have fun with. You can hire bikes, and there's a long safe bike-riding pathwath straight across the road.

Honestly, Sheraton Mirage is at Main Beach and is a little bit further away from anything of interest to either kids or their parents. And there's less for the kids to do.

I hope you have an apartment in Tower 1 which is closer to the beach, otherwise you may miss out on some views. There are restaurants everywhere, and a large supermarket just minutes away.

Just one thing to mention, the beach opposite Peppers at Broadbeach can sometimes be closed due to heavy surf. Not often, but it does happen. It has one of the best reputations for surf lifesavers on the Gold Coast.

Without a doubt, I would choose Peppers.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Noosa
Level Contributor
5,890 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sheraton Mirage vs. Peppers Broadbeach

Neither beach is that safe for children. We have stayed in both places and thoroughly enjoyed both for different reasons. We will go back to both for sure, Sheraton is just a little further away which is great for beach walking. Great pool here with the usual resort pool bar etc. Peppers great views but further from the beach, not that far but not close like Sheraton. Peppers is in the middle of the action and is also fully self obtained with daily servicing and next to shopping centre. In fairness to Sheraton, there is a walkway to the mirage shopping centre across the road to Maccas and restaurants etc... Sorry really tough decision!

Enjoy!

Edited: 13 September 2013, 07:56
gold coast
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Sheraton Mirage vs. Peppers Broadbeach

Hello CWTravel2013,

Thank you for posting your blog request and as I am from Sheraton Mirage Resort & Spa Gold Coast, this response is definately biased.

Regarding your question of 8 and 10y.o. beach suitability, our beach is patrolled by life guards and is very safe, quiet and private. Regarding child entertainment, Sea World is located within 5 minutes walk from out resort. Our rooms are the most spacious hotel rooms on the Gold Coast and we have just completed a $26million dollar refurbishment. For an overview of our resort, please copy the following link into your web browser. www.youtube.com/watch…

I hope to welcome you to Sheraton Mirage Resort & Spa in the near future and please reach out to me if you have any questions.

Warm regards

Leon Thomson

Director of Sales & Marketing - Sheraton Mirage Resort & Spa Gold Coast.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
26,146 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sheraton Mirage vs. Peppers Broadbeach

If that post was actually from the DSM at Sheraton Mirage, I'm very very impressed.

Very rare to have an excom make a visit to the forums, it's usually reserved for very generic responses to reviews. I hope the Regional Execs (and a certain lady in particular takes note) at Sheraton on the Park sees this.

Bravo Leon, great for the industry.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Airlie Beach, Whitsunday Islands
Level Contributor
19,707 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sheraton Mirage vs. Peppers Broadbeach

Yes but it does come under self promo

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
26,146 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sheraton Mirage vs. Peppers Broadbeach

Very true, I hadn't thought of that.

adelaide
Level Contributor
1,670 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sheraton Mirage vs. Peppers Broadbeach

why does Meagan Watts sign her name as Leon Thomson

something very kinky or suspicious going on at the mirage

I think I would go to Peppers

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
89 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sheraton Mirage vs. Peppers Broadbeach

A bit late but this is exactly the choice we are trying to make. We are looking at a villa at Mirage or a 2 bedroom suite at Peppers. Prices ok for both, so we are looking for ease of restaurants and beach (both good I think) and good pool (Mirage I think). Your advice would be appreciated.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Airlie Beach, Whitsunday Islands
Level Contributor
19,707 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sheraton Mirage vs. Peppers Broadbeach

peppers is more central