We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gold Coast Itinerary Advices

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Gold Coast Itinerary Advices

Hi all,

Below is my Gold Coast Itinerary. Please give me your advices if possible.

Day 1 (Fri) : Tangoolma Island Resort. Dophin Feeding etc. Any Free activites to suggest?

Day 2 (Sat): Back to Hotel at Surfers Paradise. Visit Carrara Market and Dinner at Centro Surfers Paradise. Any cafe/ resturant to recommend? (Preferably not expensive)

Day 3 (Sun): Dreamworld. Back Hotel and visit Surfers Paradise Beachfront Markets.

Day 4 (Mon): SkyPoint Observation Deck in Morning, Shopping at Harbour Town. Back Hotel and dinner at The High Street Surfers Paradise. Any cafe/ resturant to recommend? (Preferably not expensive)

Day 5 (Tues): Movieworld. Back Hotel and dinner at Chevron Renaissance Shopping Centre.

Day 6 (Wed): Leave to airport

On side notes, What will be the weather in MId Jan 2014? Very Sunny?

Thanks to advice! :)

Oz
Level Contributor
12,385 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gold Coast Itinerary Advices

Hi,

You're from Singapore and most of your time is going to be spent in markets or shopping!!! You would be better to stay home! The shopping for anything in Australia other than opals, some gem stones and Aboriginal Art is several orders of magnitude better where you come from!

Aside from Day 1. and Dreamworld day 3. and Movie World day 5. you are going to be bitterly disappointed.

I would suggest you look at the things to do tab for each area and re-think. Something like:

Day 1 (Fri) : Tangoolma Island Resort. Dophin Feeding etc. Any Free activites to suggest?

Day 2. Movie World.

Day 3. Dream World

Day 4. Tour to O'Reilly's

Day 5. Tour to Bribe Island.

Day 6. Depart.

Cheers,

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
10,701 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gold Coast Itinerary Advices

The benefit of Singaporeans shopping here is that it's cheaper ... now there's a strange fact. A cheap TShirt at Boogie St Markets is around $20 ... a trip to Harbour Town is a must for a Singaporean for discount designer goods.

I note there is no wildlife experience? Would a trip to Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary be better than Carrara Markets ... which are pretty ordinary really.

January should be hot ... possibly humid or raining quite a bit, similar to Singapore.

Level Contributor
1,651 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Gold Coast Itinerary Advices

If people want to go shopping, I see no issue with that, and I don't think we should really be criticising others for their itinerary. Everyone's idea of what a holiday is or should be will be very different, although, I don't disagree with highlighting alternative suggestions.

One of my favourite restaurants in Surfers Paradise is Amimoto in Lido Arcade - Fresh sashimi (delicious!) at reasonable prices. Be aware that you need to get in early, especially on weekends, as last time, we came later and there were huge lines. It's also not a place to go if you want something with a good atmosphere or want to sit for hours, as it's like a hole-in-the-wall place.

I liked Baritalia in Chevron Renaissance, Bazaar (not cheap though!) at the QT Hotel, but also, have you looked here at the restaurant reviews: tripadvisor.com.au/Restaurants-g255072-Surfe… Might give you a few more ideas too.

Make sure to wear hats and apply sunscreen!

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gold Coast Itinerary Advices

Hi all,

Thanks for the comments and suggestion! Yes, I'm a bit shopaholic! Enjoy shopping for local delights. :)

Will consider Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary. (Shall google more about it)

Thanks arisanosila especially on the resturants recommendation! Really appreciate it!

Ok, guess the weather is real hot! Will apply sunscreen!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
17 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gold Coast Itinerary Advices

I think it sounds good- but defiantly get yourself to Harbour Town, over Carrera Markets!

Also, the restaurants at Chevron are a bit, uh, um, average... and expensive... (although the Japanese place around the back of the towers is fantastic, authentic and well priced) Head out to Broadbeach too while your in Surfers. the Oracle Towers have some great funky restaurant options!!

When you arrive at the airport, keep an eye out for the tourists brochures. They should have them around- grab one so you can see what vouchers there are to use- many of the restaurants in Surfers will have 10%- 25% discount vouchers!

Level Contributor
1,651 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Gold Coast Itinerary Advices

Agree with the above - These are some discounts that you can see: http://hellogoldcoast.com.au/couponDisplay

A lot of restaurants have menus outside, so, take a look before you go in. Agree that Broadbeach also has plenty of good restaurants, so, no need to stick with the SP area.

Another restaurant that was recommended by a friend is Temptations Bar & Grill (I haven't been there myself), which they loved - also in SP.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Gold Coast Itinerary Advices

Thanks roundtheworldrachel & arisanosila for restaurants recommendations!

Yeap I will include a diiner at BroadBeach in one of the days!

You guys are really helpful! :)

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
470 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Gold Coast Itinerary Advices

Hi,

If you are walking around Surfers looking for a budget low cost, good meal we often go to the Surfers Paradise Lifesaving Club for lunch or dinner. Meals are cheap around $10 .Grab a cold beer or drink. A great atmosphere across from the beach. Great for people watching or car spotting if you are a car enthusiast. They also do a all-you-can-eat breakfast for $10 which is very popular. Have fun.

Right next door there is "Surfers Café" which we have recently discovered. They do $5.00 fish & chips.Their club sandwiches are beautiful.

Karen

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Gold Coast Itinerary Advices

Thanks Karen! Fish & Chip at $5 is cheap! OK, will explore Surfers Paradise Lifesaving Club & Surfers Café when we are there! :)

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Gold Coast Itinerary Advices

Hi all,

By the way, any recommended reliable place to buy abalone, nougats & macadamia nuts?