We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Direct Transfer Coolangatta Airport - Holt St Wharf,Brisbane

Singapore, Singapore
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Direct Transfer Coolangatta Airport - Holt St Wharf,Brisbane

Is there a direct land transfer service from Coolangatta Airport, Gold Coast to Holt St Wharf, Brisbane?

A car hire was considered but leaving a hired car sitting in the paid carpark for 5 days while on Moreton Island does not make much economical sense. There seems to be no car return service at the wharf.

Which reliable companies offer this charter service if any?

The passengers will be 2 adults and 2 children ages 6 and 8.

Any help is much appreciated.

Cheers.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
10,703 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Direct Transfer Coolangatta Airport - Holt St Wharf,Brisbane

Conexion does transfers to Holt St ...

http://www.con-x-ion.com/

Make sure you have enough time, it's 105 Km and at least 1.5 hours drive.

Surfers Paradise...
Destination Expert
for Gold Coast, Surfers Paradise, Byron Bay
Level Contributor
6,048 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Direct Transfer Coolangatta Airport - Holt St Wharf,Brisbane

Have you priced hiring a car from a large company and simply returning it to their Brisbane Office? Might work out cheaper and more convenient with times and that many people.

Currumbin, Australia
Level Contributor
11 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Direct Transfer Coolangatta Airport - Holt St Wharf,Brisbane

I heartily agree with Beach8um regarding car hire.

After using Conexion to try the difference rather than car hire or train, I would never use them again.

The male staff are hardly verbal when meeting flights at Brisbane Airport. The poor tourists, some tired and confused after long haul flights are met by staff who pull up, dont utter a word or just shout Brisbane! What does that mean to someone who doesnt know the State? And if they are going to the Gold Coast, how do they know if Brisbane is on the way! No welcome to Oz, hi, can I help?

After travelling the world, Australia Brisbane, has the poorest Connexion shuttle I have experienced, and for that I am totally ashamed.

Car hire works out about $70, so if there is more than one person its a great deal. For one person or those who prefer to sit back, take the train with a quick taxi or bus connecting if needed.

Singapore
Level Contributor
2,291 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Direct Transfer Coolangatta Airport - Holt St Wharf,Brisbane

International car rental companies like Avis, Budget etc allow drop off location of the car to be different from the pick up location. You can hire a car at Gold coast and drop it off at Brisbane. I am pretty sure for 4 persons, the cost of car rental for a day will be cheaper than 4 Connexion tickets. What you need to check is how far from Holt St. Wharf is the drop off location of the car.

Singapore, Singapore
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Direct Transfer Coolangatta Airport - Holt St Wharf,Brisbane

Thank you all for your kind responses. In the end, we hired a car through Budget and left the car at Holt st wharf during our shortened 2-night stay at Tangalooma Island Resort. We got around fine and we brought along our own GPS from home with updated Australia maps. I would say, renting a car in Australia is one of the cheapest rates anyone can find in the world.

By the way, I contacted a limo service for the trip and was quoted AUD300 for a one-way private transfer that I was originally considering. Too costly. It was way cheaper with a rented car which offered better freedom of movement for the same amount for the entire week in Gold Coast and Brisbane! :)

Edited: 17 March 2014, 09:30
Level Contributor
1,651 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Direct Transfer Coolangatta Airport - Holt St Wharf,Brisbane

Great to hear everything worked out well with the transport! :)

7. Re: Direct Transfer Coolangatta Airport - Holt St Wharf,Brisbane

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 March 2015, 04:19