We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Theme Park Tickets.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Theme Park Tickets.

In June this Year, 3 Adults & 6 Kids will be going to the Theme Parks. We will be staying at the Gold Coast for 1 Week. Where would be the best place to buy Discounted Tickets? Places we want to go: Dream World, Movie World, Sea World & Wet 'n' Wild. Can we get Package Deals? Like a Small Cruise + Entry to some Theme parks?

Dreamworld
Theme Parks, Water Parks
Sea World
Aquariums, Nature & Wildlife Areas, Theme Parks
Level Contributor
1,651 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Theme Park Tickets.

If you're going in June, I would hold off on buying tickets just yet. They usually release the VIP Pass (which will be valid for unlimited entry until June the following year, so, 2015) in around May, so, if you can wait, it'll mean you get a hopefully better deal, especially, if there's a chance you'll be returning back to the GC sometime between this year and the next. Of course, I can't be sure they'll be releasing it again this year in May, but that's what they did do previously, so, fingers crossed!

The VIP Pass is the one that is valid for unlimited entry to Movieworld, Seaworld and Wet 'n' Wild: https:/…VIP-Pass.aspx If you buy the current VIP Pass, it will allow you unlimited entry into all three until end of June this year. So, that's why I recommend holding off for now, so, that you can hopefully get the one that lasts until end of June next year. What I would definitely recommend you doing is joining up with the email newsletter, so, that if any special deals are coming out or special deals are closing soon, you'll be aware of them and can act ASAP: http://themeparks.com.au/keep-updated.aspx

Unfortunately, Dreamworld is owned by a different company, so, you'll need to look at Dreamworld's website for tickets/passes.

What kind of cruise are you looking for? In June, there is whale watching, so, if you decide to go with the Sea World Whale Watching company: http://www.seaworldwhalewatch.com.au/ then, they do offer combined Sea World entry + whale watching offers.

Ultimately, keep an eye online for discounts and offers because sometimes deals will come out for the theme parks, and make sure to compare around to ensure you're actually getting the best deal.

Edited: 27 January 2014, 06:12
hong kong
Level Contributor
144 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Theme Park Tickets.

Hi, If i buy the super pass on online, is it necessary to entry the parks with the paper confirmation or i can show the confirmation email to the parks? thanks.

Level Contributor
1,651 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Theme Park Tickets.

I believe they will generally want to see the paper confirmation, as the instructions tell you to print them out. But, whether they accept email confirmation or not is something you might want to contact the MyFun team about.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
11,591 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Theme Park Tickets.

The VIP pass is great value IF you are returning within the year and will use it multiple times ... otherwise you can get passes at a lower price ...

gold-coast-australia-travel-tips.com/…

Surfers Paradise...
Destination Expert
for Gold Coast, Surfers Paradise, Byron Bay
Level Contributor
6,112 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Theme Park Tickets.

Generally speaking, a 1 day pass is only about $5-$10 cheaper than a 3 park or multiple entry pass. So if you can go more than once it is much better value for money.

Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
9 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Theme Park Tickets.

VIP passes are on sale now works out to be $33 a park with unlimited entry go seaworld site and have a look

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
31 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Theme Park Tickets.

You're generally much better just getting one of the smaller 3-park passes if you're only going to be there for a week; as others have said, the VIP Pass is a bit of a waste and honestly a bit of a scam to make people think they are getting "great value" when realistically they won't be visiting the GC again within the year.

If you're going for a value pass of any kind you'll generally have to make the choice between one including Sea World / Movie World / Wet 'n' Wild or Dreamworld / White Water World as they are both run by different ownership groups. There are some good package deals out there that include extras on top, i.e:

- 21 Days unlimited to Dreamworld & WWW with SkyPoint Observation Deck (on the top of the Q1 building, good views) with a sightseeing cruise included for $99.99 adults, $84.99 kids: experienceoz.com.au/holiday-world-pass-with-…

- 1 Day World Pass to both DreamWorld & WhiteWater for 1 day $89.99 adults, $69.99 kids: …dreamworld.com.au/Tickets/holiday-worldpass

- 28 Days entry to MovieWorld, WhiteWater World & Sea World for $99.99: https:/…super-pass.aspx

- 3 days to Movie World, Sea World, Wet n Wild with 7D Cinema experience in Surfers for $99.99: experienceoz.com.au/gold-coast/theme-parks/g…

unless you're going to be coming back multiple times I wouldn't bother with the VIP pass. Cheers.

Level Contributor
1,651 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Theme Park Tickets.

Disagree with MattoELITE about the VIP Pass not being great value. It's already good value if you decide to go to Movieworld and Seaworld, compared to paying individual day tickets, and compared to paying the price for the Super Pass (back when it was more expensive than the VIP Pass - it's only been a recent thing that they've dropped the price). But, yes, I agree it's always worth checking out what's out there to ensure you are getting the best for the money pay.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Theme Park Tickets.

Thank you. Very informative.

Sydney, Australia
9 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Theme Park Tickets.

Hi. If you happen to have an Entertainment book, you can buy any of the passes through them to get another 15% off your prices. This seems to be the cheapest way these days.