We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Save on transport

singapore
Level Contributor
220 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Save on transport

Is there any catch on this journey saver?

translink.com.au/tickets-and-fares/fares/go-…

It definitely sounds a very good deal...if I make 9 single zone journeys in the beginning which will cost $25.47 (if all are during off peak) or $31.77 (all peak), then I get to travel for free for rest of the week,no matter whatever distances. It does sound like a ~$30 fare for a weeks' travel on translink public buses.

Definitely would be the cheapest transport option.Comments?

Works best if u start ur trip on a Monday & ends within a week to maximize the usage.

Edited: 09 February 2014, 00:48
singapore
Level Contributor
220 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Save on transport

One quick question...does the bus announce or provide visual upon every bus stop reached? How crowded is the buses at Gold coast during off peak hrs or weekends?

I understand that the bus will wait at the bus stop if it arrives earlier than the scheduled arrival time....is this true? So if we keep to the schedule of the buses,unlikely we will miss it,correct?

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Save on transport

No real catches to the journey saver option. Office Workers etc. are known to regularly pop out of the Office at lunch and catch the us a stop up the road to help get the journey's built up.

Those that read the finer points of the Terms & Conditions advise to not register the card if you are planning on sharing the card with friends to help get the journeys up faster. That is because once a card is registered only the registered person is meant to use it. A card is unregistered when it is purchased however so it isn't a problem if you just buy one.

Just be aware of the difference between a trip and a journey. After you catch a bus from Point A - Point B there is about a two hour window for transferring to a different service. When the transfer period expires the trip becomes a journey and counts towards the nine journeys.

I haven't caught any busses a the Gold Coast for a while although you're likely to find a fairly light loading outside of peak hours. I cannot confirm exactly what happens at the Gold Coast, although generally across South East Queensland the bus routes have timing points at select stops where they will wait if they are early.

singapore
Level Contributor
220 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Save on transport

Thx for the info! Btw, do u know whether they announce the bus stop location upon each stops? Or I need to look at the bus stop signage which can be quite difficult at times.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,790 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Save on transport

Some buses do announce the stops if they are fitted with the latest equipment and are on designated routes where this service has been programmed. But my experience (maybe a year old by now) is that this was fairly spotty. Most drivers are pretty good at letting you know when they've reached a certain stop if you ask them when you board. In this case it's best to sit near the front so you can hear the driver easily.

5. Re: Save on transport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 February 2015, 06:17