We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

GC weather forecast "rain at times"!

Melbourne, Victoria
Level Contributor
160 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
GC weather forecast "rain at times"!

So I'm looking at the weather for next week looks like Sunday and Monday we will see some rain and maybe he rest of the week, is this typical GC weather for Feb-Mar?

We're flying there on Sunday, staying at the Seaworld Resort for 5 nights, any suggestions on "rainy day" activities besides Theme parks?

Dreamworld
Theme Parks, Water Parks
Sea World
Nature & Wildlife Areas, Theme Parks, Aquariums
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,332 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: GC weather forecast "rain at times"!

Often at this time of year you'll just get a short downpour - usually you can seek shelter, have something to eat, and then the sun will be out again. Shouldn't 'spoil' your whole day at a theme park. Of course, weather is certainly unpredictable. Regarding rainy day activities - depends if you are travelling with kids, and their ages. There's lot to do on the Gold Coast.

Edited: 18 February 2014, 20:56
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,803 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: GC weather forecast "rain at times"!

I had a rainy day (all day rainy, not the short downpour type) in the Gold Coast and we enjoyed the Currumbin Wildlife Santuary. Some of the animals were seeking shelter of course, but there was still a lot to see and the birds were plenty active even so. The good news is that it's typically a warm rain so you can generally stand to be out in it as long as you're prepared with sensible shoes, light rain jackets or large umbrellas, etc.

Just one idea -as mentioned there are huge numbers of activities and many would be fine in the rain if you just go in with a positive attitude about it and maybe bring a set of dry clothes!

Melbourne, Victoria
Level Contributor
160 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: GC weather forecast "rain at times"!

Thanks for the response, my kids are aged 8,6 & 2.

I would love to go to the markets, apparently there is a night market in Surfers, is it any good?

We may purchase the Dreamworld tickets through RACV as it is a little cheaper. We have an unlimited entry tickets to all the other theme parks.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
11,609 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: GC weather forecast "rain at times"!

If you print up the shopper docket from their page you can get 50% off Dreamworld entry up till April ... it's a great deal.

shopadocket.com.au/regions/…entertainment

dreamworld.com.au/Visitor-Information/SAD.as…

Edited: 19 February 2014, 06:31
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,332 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: GC weather forecast "rain at times"!

Wet weather - at that age the older kids would probably have a blast at Infinity at Chevron Renaissance - my kids loved it. I didn't do it with them so not sure about the 2 yr old - others on the forum may be able to advise.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Airlie Beach, Whitsunday Islands
Level Contributor
19,838 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: GC weather forecast "rain at times"!

Ive been into infix city and I would think for a 2 yo it may be a bit too scary

be assured it will rain a lot… i'm up there too!

Melbourne, Victoria
Level Contributor
160 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: GC weather forecast "rain at times"!

Thank you so much Able this is a very good deal! Have you used this before? So I just print out one shop a docket voucher and present it with my tickets on the day right?

Sunshine Coast...
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: GC weather forecast "rain at times"!

Hi! I'd recommend visiting either WetnWild or White Water World on a day it rains, these are swimming themeparks so you're going to be wet already.

Otherwise Infinity is exciting and there are cafes literally next door for you to relax with your youngest.

The Surfers Paradise markets are average, perhaps look up GC Parks website for other markets on while you're visiting. But they're nice to stroll by if you're staying in Surfers.

www.gcparks.com.au/activities.aspx?page=40

Rain on the Gold Coast is common but hardly lasts all day, just remember it's extremely humid, I live in surfers paradise and have hands on experience with the on and off rain and high humidity.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
11,609 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: GC weather forecast "rain at times"!

Sealay ... I have not used it myself ... it's a very new deal and a member visiting from Singapore asked about it before any of us even heard of it. I got one of the dockets with my Coles receipt last week so as far as we know it's AOK. Just follow the directions and buy on-line ... It's very unusual for the parks to do 50% off ... must be a quiet time of year. Have fun.

10. Re: GC weather forecast "rain at times"!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 February 2015, 05:19
Get answers to your questions about Gold Coast