We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help needed to plan Gold Coast + Brisbane + Sunshine Coast

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Topic
Help needed to plan Gold Coast + Brisbane + Sunshine Coast

Dear All,

Need help with my itinernary travelling with 2 young children (age 6 & 4) and my typical old dad (age 68)

Will be spending 9 days in Australia and would like to know how to plan the route.

1) 3 main theme park (Movie World, Dream World, Sea World) - 1 day ea (happen also to see there is a new theme park beside dreamworld known as White Water World, is it advisable to go?

2) Sunshine Coast (1 night stay?)

3) Moreton Island (Tangalooma Island Resort) (1 night stay enough?)

•4WD Safari tour / •Sand Tobogganing / •Hand-Feed Wild Dolphins

4) Lillydale Farm Stay (min. 2 nights required), is it advisbale because I am so afraid of animals

5) Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary

6) Carrara Markets

7) Harbour Town Outlet Shopping Centre

8) Is the natural bridge glow worm tour recommended?

9) Any winery vineyard?

As I flight landed about 11am in brisbane, what would you suggest on that day? Straight to Sunshine coast, Moreton Island, Gold Coast or Lillydale Farm Stay which is in between Brisbane and Gold Coast?

Is rental car required throughout my 9 days or I can cut cost on the rental?

Appreciate all your kind assistant in helping my gather enough information for my trip in May 2014.

Thank you!

Sunshine Coast...
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help needed to plan Gold Coast + Brisbane + Sunshine Coast

Firstly choose your first destination from Brisbane airport depending on the weather, the Gold Coast is best visited when it's sunny.

White water world is kind of an extension to dreamworld, practically next door. You should be able to get a good price for tickets combining these two theme parks. It's fantastic, definitely visit this because its so close.

I would rent a car only because all of your destinations are so far apart, it's a an hour drive from Sunshine Coast to Brisbane and another hour from Brisbane to the Gold Coast.

My recommendation is to stay in Noosa on the Sunshine Coast for the one night, it's really nice.

Your other destinations are great choices: harbour town, currumbin etc. consider the currumbin rock pools whilst in currumbin.

I can't recommend glow worm tour or vineyards as I know nothing about these topics. Hopefully I've been of some help, having lived on the Gold Coast my entire life :)

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Help needed to plan Gold Coast + Brisbane + Sunshine Coast

Dear Dani D,

Really thank you so much for your information.

My rough plans are :-

Day 1 (Thursday) :-

Arrival Brisbane, arrange for transportation to Gold Coast

R&R at surfer paradise

Day 2 (Friday) :-

Movie World

Surfer Paradise BeachFront Market

Day 3 (Sat) :-

Curriculum Wild Life Sanctuary

Day 4 (Sun) :-

Carrara Market

Harbour Town Shopping

Day 5 (Mon) :-

Sea World

Day 6 & 7 (Tue & Wed) : Looking for 2 days overnight tour to Tangalooma Resort to try out dolphin feeding & sand tobogganing (Any recommendation on any tour agency?) And do you think is it suitable for my young children?)

Day 8 & 9 (Rent a car at Brisbane Airport and proceed to Sunshine Coast)

Any feedback on Rumba Beach Resort at Caloundra, Sunshine Coast?

- Ginger Factory

Hmmm... have not google much on Sunshine Coast, any recommendation what other activities to do there?

Appreciate more information from you and feedback on my itinernary :)

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Noosa
Level Contributor
5,855 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help needed to plan Gold Coast + Brisbane + Sunshine Coast

Good plan Rachel!

Underwater world at Mooloolaba is good. Mooloolaba also has a nice playground in the park overlooking the beach. Great fish and chips at the end of the spit at Mooloolaba.

Also across the road from Ginger Factory is Nutworks if you like chocolate, macadamia and nougat.

Rumba is fine, great choice.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
233 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help needed to plan Gold Coast + Brisbane + Sunshine Coast

On the day that you go to Currumbin, I'd also recommend checking out some of the local parks for the kids. My two absolutely love Pirate Park at Palm Beach and there is another one close by, but Im unsure of the name of the park. It's near a lake. Also fabulous. Both are close to Currumbin.

Superbee is right across the road from Currumbin and good for a quick visit. You can sample the honey and also go a bee tour.

I can also recommend Broadbeach Parklands for kids. Fabulous water play area and park.

Can I also recommend Noosa as a place to visit on the Sunshine Coast? It's about a 40 minute drive north of Caloundra, but such a gorgeous area.

Edited: 02 March 2014, 05:17
Oz
Level Contributor
1,106 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Help needed to plan Gold Coast + Brisbane + Sunshine Coast

Here is a link to Cedar Creek Winery and the Glow worm cave at Mt Tamborine

cedarcreekestate.com.au/contact-cedar-creek-…

www.glowwormcavetamborinemountain.com.au/

6. Re: Help needed to plan Gold Coast + Brisbane + Sunshine Coast

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 March 2015, 05:17