We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paradise Centre apartments

Which Gold Coast hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
singapore
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Topic
Paradise Centre apartments

Hi everyone, need some help here.

we are planning a holiday to gold coast this June 14, intend to stay for

6 nights.

can anyone tell me is this Paradise Centre apartments suitable for us?

we have 2 adults and 2 teenagers age 14 and 12.

is it convenience in term of travelling around, any supermarket around that area?

May i know the weather too, is it cold in June?

we had been in gold coast 6 yrs ago, we stayed in Marriott courtyard at that time.

is this Paradise Centre near this area?

thanks in advance.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
24,789 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paradise Centre apartments

Hi,

Paradise Centre is a Mantra property, located right in the heart of Surfers Paradise. Like all of the Mantra properties, it is well appointed, modern, and this particular property is great for children. However, if there was to be any criticism of Paradise Centre, all the direct beach facing apartments are privately owned. So whilst there are ocean view apartments, the aspects face north/South, not face east. However, the proximity to the beach, and all the retail around the immediate vicinity is second to none.

In comparison, if you were specifically looking at that area, and in particular a Mantra property, I feel that Circle on Cavill has better ocean views - even though they are actually set further back. The difference in suitability for kids, is that Circle on Cavill is geared more for teenagers, as it has a games room, private threatre, three different pools (two outdoor, one indoor). Whereas Paradise is geared more for younger children, with two kids pools and 'play area' - which I'd imagine isn't a necessity for teenagers.

So if the rates are similar, perhaps Circle on Cavill may also be worth considering. Depending on budget, there are numerous wonderful apartment properties at the Gold Coast, especially in Broadbeach.

Yes, you are within walking distance of couple of supermarkets.

Yes, you are one block from the former Courtyard by Marriott (it's technically back to back on the same block), which is now the Hotel Grand Chancellor.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Noosa
Level Contributor
5,855 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paradise Centre apartments

G'day fun doll

June and July are our winter months. Expect min 10 to max 21C.

Paradise Centre is very well located . It sits above a shopping centre and is in the heart of everything. There are two towers. We had a week here some years ago as we found a great deal. If the price was right, I would go again however I suspect that the property would need a renovation by now if they haven't already done so. Our room overlooked the mall from 7 th floor and it was a bit noisy though we still enjoyed our stay.

singapore
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Paradise Centre apartments

hi there,

may i know is i planning to take public transport from my apartment, Paradise Centre to movie world,

is it difficult? any bus stop near there?

Level Contributor
1,651 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Paradise Centre apartments

Not difficult. The bus stop, I believe is the main one in SP (at Appel Park on Ferny Avenue/GC Highway - next to Vibe Hotel). You can catch TX2 to Movieworld.

For transport information, the best website is: http://jp.translink.com.au/ Make sure to insert in the street address of your hotel (rather than your hotel's name) into the 'Start' section. It'll give you information on which bus to catch, where from, what time the bus comes, the cost, etc.

5. Re: Paradise Centre apartments

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 May 2015, 05:15