We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Winter to Gold Coast

Which Gold Coast hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
14 posts
Save Topic
Winter to Gold Coast

I was thinking to go Gold coast during this June knowing that is winter and worry most of the shop are closing early...any advice on what to do ? I'm traveling with 2 kids age 12 and 9

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
5,540 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Winter to Gold Coast

The shops don't close early just because it is winter. They will be open for the normal trading hours.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
10,260 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Winter to Gold Coast

I'm not sure where you live but Australias shopping hours are not that extensive. Most stores close at 5:30 weeknights .... late night trading (9pm close) on Thursdays. Stores close around 5 or 4 on weekends. Supermarkets have longer trading hours.

Sydney/Melbourne
Level Contributor
17,924 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Winter to Gold Coast

Although the shops in the main shopping centers close around 5:30 you will find that many shops geared towards tourists in and around Surfers Paradise will stay open much later.

Most people from overseas visit the Gold Coast to swim and surf. If you come from a warm climate and feel the cold then you might be better off either changing your destination or coming in summer. There's just so much time you can spend in theme parks and even many of those tend to be geared towards water based activities.

14 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Winter to Gold Coast

Hi Emel

Thanks for your reply.

I'm not going there for water activates just site seeming with kids and shop around so do you advice me to go during winter? how was the weather do i need to wear many layer?

Thanks

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
5,540 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Winter to Gold Coast

The daytime temperature will be around 21 degrees and the nighttime will be about 10.

14 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Winter to Gold Coast

Do you know which part of GC to stay that near to shopping area ? Or which location is more central ?

Thanks

Level Contributor
1,651 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Winter to Gold Coast

Surfers Paradise is the most central for tourists because shops open later in SP than anywhere else on the GC (where shops only usually open late on Thursday, which is late night shopping). There are also more touristy things to do there. In Winter, I do like SP and it's very convenience. I personally would stay elsewhere in Summer months though.

Broadbeach is another favourite - It's just before SP, so, you're close by. It is considered more family friendly, but in Winter when it's quiet, I think SP is also very nice. I just don't like the party atmosphere that really comes out during Summer months, as SP has the bars, clubs, etc.

8. Re: Winter to Gold Coast

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 April 2015, 05:15