We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Enquires on Souvenirs and seafood market

Which Gold Coast hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore
Level Contributor
161 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Enquires on Souvenirs and seafood market

I have a few questions to ask regarding my upcoming gold coast trip:-

1) I want to ask is there food which is unique in Australia and can be brought back as gift for friends. Where can I buy this food souvenir?

2) Does anyone know which restaurant got offer food delivery service and the number to call? I prefer seafood or Australian type of food.

3) Is there any market or supermarket got sell marinated fish which I just need to make it hot with a microwave or oven then can be eaten. Is there any fresh seafood market in gold coast?

4) Is there any Buddhist or Chinese temple in Gold Coast or Brisbane area? What are their opening hours? It may not necessarily be a temple as long as there is a Buddhist statues, it would be fine.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Airlie Beach, Whitsunday Islands
Level Contributor
18,713 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Enquires on Souvenirs and seafood market

Wat Sangharatanaram Thai Temple - Gold Coast

Buddhist temple

Address

137 Beaudesert-Nerang Road

Nerang, Queensland, Australia 4211

Phone (07) 5502 0464

You can buy pre ready fish meals in any of the supermarkets. There are a number of seafood markets, but where in the GC are you staying?

Tim Tams and macadamias are the most common foods taken home

Sydney/Melbourne
Level Contributor
17,513 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Enquires on Souvenirs and seafood market

You can have a look at menu log.com.au

They're are a service that does home (or hotel) deliveries from a variety of restaurants. You choose what you want and order online. Many hotels on the Gold Coast will have their menus in the room.

Singapore
Level Contributor
161 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Enquires on Souvenirs and seafood market

I will be staying in surfer paradise area.

Sydney/Melbourne
Level Contributor
17,513 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Enquires on Souvenirs and seafood market

http://m.menulog.com.au/takeaway/search.php?submit2=Y&postcode=Surfers+paradise+Gold+Coast+Mc+-+4217

Level Contributor
1,651 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Enquires on Souvenirs and seafood market

Are you driving or using public transport?

You can buy fresh seafood from the Fishermans Co-op in Main Beach (along the road to reach Seaworld). Nearby is also Pete's Fish Market. There is also Charis Seafood in Robina Town Centre and Labrador, and of course, seafood shops elsewhere.

Depending on what kind of marinade you're looking for, you can even get marinated seafood at the supermarkets (Coles and Woolworths are our two major supermarkets here), which you find in the SP area.

6. Re: Enquires on Souvenirs and seafood market

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 April 2015, 05:15