We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Move to Mackay

Move to Mackay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 18 February 2014, 09:05
Level Contributor
1 post
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Move to Mackay

Hi Wendy!

My family and I moved up here ten months ago. I have a 4 year old and a 20 month old.

We love living up here! I have to declare an interest - I work at the regional tourism organisation for the area - but I can honestly say we love it here. My wife and I have always wanted to live in the tropics.

There are lots of schools up here, both private and public, and we found it easy to get a place for our 4 year old (she goes to Mackay Christian College, but I hear good things about most schools here). There are lots of things to do for families like the Bluewater Lagoon (a free waterpark in town), and the usual things like bowling, indoor kids play centre, cinemas, beaches etc.

We live in Blacks Beach and really like the northern beaches, but most places are good here. You will hear some people say that it is expensive but don't believe them - I used to live in Sydney and I can tell you it's far cheaper to buy a house and live in Mackay than it is in Sydney! As you are from Melbourne you'd know what I mean :).

If you are on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram, follow Visit Mackay to see the latest updates on the region we publish. I have told a few more of the staff here at Mackay Tourism to respond with their thoughts so stay tuned!

Warm regards,

Stephen

Mackay, Australia
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Move to Mackay

Hi Wendy,

My name is Rebecca and I work at the Visitor Information Centre here in Mackay. Therre are many great aspects to living and working in Mackay. I moved to the region 5 months ago and I love it! There is always something new to explore in the region and the city has all the facilities and services that you could possibly need.

To give you a little more information on the region we would be happy to post you some info including a relocation pack which includes many great documents that you may find helpful when considering a big move like this. Feel free to email me rebecca@mackayregion.com and we can organise this info to be sent to you.

Kind Regards