We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

6-10 Nov 5 days in Tasmania > Launceston+Cradle Mountains+?

Singapore, Singapore
6 posts
Save Topic
6-10 Nov 5 days in Tasmania > Launceston+Cradle Mountains+?

Would love some help planning my itinerary, traveling with my parents who are in their late 50s, definitely driving but don't want to plan a hectic travel itinerary, and we want to spend one night in Cradle Mountains, but I was wondering if we should venture outside Launceston (after visiting Cataract Gorge), if there would be enough time?

We would love to check out another town or park, we are interested in scenery/nature, fruit farms or historic/cultural places.. My parents are not big wine drinkers so i'll probably leave out visiting Tamar Valley.

Thank you so much in advance for your advice and tips!

Kind Regards,

Yvonne

11. Re: 6-10 Nov 5 days in Tasmania > Launceston+Cradle Mountains+?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 02 July 2012, 13:38
Gungahlin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Canberra
Level Contributor
15,352 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: 6-10 Nov 5 days in Tasmania > Launceston+Cradle Mountains+?

Hi straglyone, welcome to the Aussie forum. It would be fine for you to start your own thread, in fact it would be less confusing than changing the gist of this thread, and also if you give it a good descriptive title it might even be useful for lurkers wanting similar info. So do I understand correctly, the main thing you're after is info about *guided walks*? You might also want to delete your post here by clicking on 'Report inappropriate content' so's to avoid inadvertently inviting spam to those email addies.

cumbria england
3 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: 6-10 Nov 5 days in Tasmania > Launceston+Cradle Mountains+?

thanks for your advice - rather unthinking of me to put on detail like that so have deleted original message - have been doing a lot of research and have largely answered my question - It seems that you can go and do the overland track by yourself - as it were - but numbers to the area are limited by the national park authority. The huts are very basic and you have to carry all your own food and cooking gear and a tent is recommended as huts get full so in essence you carry a full pack. The opposite end of the scale where you carry only a day sack is the cradle mountain huts guided trip which is not cheap. will carry on looking

tahnks for your tip

Straglyone

14. Re: 6-10 Nov 5 days in Tasmania > Launceston+Cradle Mountains+?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 July 2013, 21:47