We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accom in Oct

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Airlie Beach, Whitsunday Islands
Level Contributor
19,067 posts
188 reviews
Save Topic
Accom in Oct

There's no accom left in Geelong or nearby so we thought we mmight stay in Ballarat for the Road Cycling World Champs.

Probably looking for a self cater, 2 bedroom and in a quiet area.

As it isn't for visiting Sovereign Hill (we've been a few times and done the full package including staying in the lodge) can anyone suggest anywhere.

If not in Ballarat, where else in that direction ie NW of Geelong...we don't want to be caught in the back to Melbourne drive.

(I have looked at Torquay but it's school hols so most places are already booked)

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Family Travel
Level Contributor
9,128 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accom in Oct

May not be exactly what you're after, but we stayed at the Sovereign Park Motor Inn 2 years back in a family room. Had a tiny kitchen area. Was quiet from memory (I would have remembered if it wasn't!)..

tripadvisor.com.au/ShowUserReviews-g255346-d…

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
19,067 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accom in Oct

Ta Mikey,

it was on the list.

May well only need to accom Guru and I, GD may already be sorted which is making it even harder!

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Victoria, Road Trips
Level Contributor
4,550 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accom in Oct

If it's just accommodation you are after, perhaps have a look at Melton & Bacchus Marsh as well. I am not sure exactly what is available, but Melton especially is quite convenient to Geelong via back roads.

Cairns, Australia
Level Contributor
2,838 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Accom in Oct

We have timeshare thingo, they do not usually try to sell timeshare on site. However maybe just with existing members so check. Nothing worse than that hard sell when you are on holiday, anyways usually for us great places. One of our favs was Ballarat at Sebastapol in an old convent with odd stories and nice grounds complete with little lake. Availabaility will depend on member demand for the time.

wyndhamvacationresorts.com.au/hotel/…

Edited: 30 April 2010, 09:09
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Victoria, Road Trips
Level Contributor
4,550 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Accom in Oct

Here's some nice looking B&B's in Bacchus & the motel in Melton...

http://www.sunnysidevilla.com.au/

http://www.ellersliehomestead.com/

http://www.meltonmotorinn.com.au/

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
19,067 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Accom in Oct

Thanks Folks

Verdant, Worldmark sent me to an enquiry form and when I rang they had an event surcharge so wanted around $300 pn (based on 3 pax)...given the distance to drive i didn't think this was a big save

Totally LOC clicked on Torquay for Crowne Plaza but it was close to $500+ pn for 3

So i went back to the event website to see what they had on offer...

ended up with Erskine Beach Mantra.....total package including $255 VIP area pp was $2700 (about $300pn but quite a bit closer I think) and thought Lorne is a nice change (might go home via the GOR and Grampians)

I have 24 hours to make the deposit to confirm the tickets...

good or bad choice?

7. Re: Accom in Oct

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2010, 05:17