We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

DiscountTravel/Getaway

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Penang
Level Contributor
2,788 posts
90 reviews
Save Topic
DiscountTravel/Getaway

could someone please let me know if they have heard of this business..they are offering HUGE discounts on hotels in places like Hawaii ..but I cannot find them listed as a registered travel agent

Assitsance would be appreciated if anyone knows of them before I make a booking..many thanks for any help

2 replies to this topic
Broadford, Australia
Destination Expert
for Melbourne
Level Contributor
2,611 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: DiscountTravel/Getaway

I would be extremely careful in booking through a third party travel site offering "too good to be true" discounts. This is because they very often are not too good or true.

for instance, my daughter had a voucher from one of these places and had booked with it for tonight in Daylesford. Yesterday she got notification that the discount website company she bought it from had gone bust. Luckily she only lives an hour from Daylesford and has been able to work something out with the accommodation provider. I would shudder to think what might happen if it was in ohh, say Thailand, and she was already en route.

I think you might have a bigger response if you put this on an Australia wide forum, rather than a Victorian regional town forum.

Mentioned in this post
Daylesford
Daylesford
Victoria, Australia
Australia
Australia
South Pacific
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Penang
Level Contributor
2,788 posts