We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is it like living in Bendigo?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
42 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
What is it like living in Bendigo?

Hi, I've received an offer for a permanent job in Bendigo. I've never been there, and as it will potentially be my first permanent job after 2 years of contracting, I'm just a little anxious about whether it's a good place to stay for at least a minimum of 2 years. So far the only things I've gathered from a friend is that a) it's central to almost everywhere else in VIC, and b) it's got really extreme temperatures.

I'm an outdoor girl (specifically bushwalking) so I'm wondering what the rain is like, if any. The Parks Victoria website is running really slow for me and I need to be out the door for work in 5 mins, so can I also ask what the bushwalking opportunities are like?

I can get my cultural fix in Melbourne I'm sure, so not too worried if Bendigo itself isn't too cultural. Anything else I should know?

Thanks for your time!

1 reply
Broadford, Australia
Destination Expert
for Melbourne
Level Contributor
2,252 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What is it like living in Bendigo?

http://www.bendigo.vic.gov.au/Home

Not travel related, but it's a modern large city with all the facilities af any large city.

Less rain than Melbourne. In fact we'd love a couple of inches any time soon up here in central Victoria.

I wouldn't call the weather extreme, any more than anywhere in this crazy world atm.

Some great places to visit in the area for walking too. Heaps of tourist activities and day trips.

Cheers.

Reply to: What is it like living in Bendigo?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bendigo