We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Great Ocean Road

Which Geelong hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore
Level Contributor
463 posts
292 reviews
Save Topic
Great Ocean Road

Hi

I am planning for a visit in late Nov / early Dec next year with my 2 kids. Would like to start the GOR drive at either Geelong or Torquay, stay overnight on GOR, and return to Geelong the next day. Where would be a good place for an overnight stay on GOR? I was thinking of Port Campbell as I would like to view the Twelve Apostles at sunrise/sunset.

Thanks!

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Victoria, Road Trips
Level Contributor
4,514 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Great Ocean Road

What airport are you flying into & where will you be picking up your rental car? What else are you planning on seeing while in Victoria? This will help us advise you on where to start & finish & make other recommendations.

Port Campbell would be a good overnight stop. The days will be long at that time, with sunset around 8.30pm & sunrise around 6am, so staying close tot he Twelve Apostles will be good.

Singapore
Level Contributor
463 posts
292 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Great Ocean Road

Hi. I am still in the early phase of planning but the outline goes something like this...

We are flying into Tullamarine airport (red eye flight) early in the morning. Sightsee in Melbourne city (we're not city/shopping types - so not intending to spend more than a day here) and overnight in Geelong/Torquay. GOR drive and overnight (probably Port Campbell?) and return to Geelong (overnight).

Dandenongs (2 nights) - Puffing Billy, Sherbrooke forest (Grants picnic ground?), Miss Marples, Olinda, Rhododendron Gardens, William Ricketts Sanctuary, Mount Dandenong Observatory, Fruit picking (where?), Healsville Sanctuary.

Phillip Island (2 nights) - Penguins, Koalas, Churchill Island, Go-Kart.

Flying back from Tullamarine Airport (mid-day).

Thanks.

3. Re: Great Ocean Road

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 June 2014, 15:20