We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bunbury from the US

Maryland
4 posts
Save Topic
Bunbury from the US

I will be coming to Bunbury the last week in June 2010 and I am looking for a hotel with kitchenette. I have looked into the Quest and the Mantra but find them a little pricey.

Do you have any recommendations?

I prefer to be in the CBD.

Also: recommendations on nightlife and restaurants would be appreciated. thanks.

Bunbury, Australia
Level Contributor
46 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bunbury from the US

Hi Wesley,

Mantra is a very new hotel so it is more classy (and therefore expensive) but the Quest is quite good or perhaps you could try the Koombana Bay Holiday Resort? If all these fail and you have to fall back to just a motel room, the Clifton Motel is apparently very nice (it's a bed and breakfast actually) and there is also the Lord Forrest Hotel and the Rose Hotel - these are all in the CBD.

There are quite a few different restaurants in Bunbury with a number of Chinese, Thai as well as Italian, Indian, seafood and a range of other types. Some of the restaurants are at a reasonable price and some are a bit more expensive but nice for a lovely night out.

I personally love the Indian Ocean Bar which is the Indian restaurant that now serves 'western' food as well - they have buffet nights over the weekend (plus Thursday and Friday I think) and these are very good value for money! Nicola's is a very nice, reasonably priced Italian restaurant and Cosenza's is a lovely Italian seafood restaurant.

If you are chasing something near the water, Barbados is popular as well as Dome Cafe or Aristos Fish and Chips then for something fancier there is Casellas Tapas and Grill which has recently won an award for the best themed restaurant in Australia. Take your pick!

Not too sure about nightlife but there are various pubs and nightclubs around.

Have fun! Make sure you check out our dolphins!

Maryland
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bunbury from the US

Thank you so much for your extensive reply. I did check out koombana bay and this may be just what I am looking for.

I have two small puppy's. I was wondering if I could bring them with me to stay in the cabins.

thanks again

Nannup, Australia
Level Contributor
3,652 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bunbury from the US

Are you talking of bringing your puppies from the US? If so you should be aware of Australia's very strict quarantine rules which might make that a bit difficult. Check the AQIS website.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
6,727 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bunbury from the US

If you are emigrating to Aus, your pups will need to be quarantined for a considerable length of time. If you are coming on hols, they will still be in quarantine when you go home...

If you live here now, Australia does not have the same love of dogs/pets as the US or UK in relation to allowing them to stay in hotels/motels or travel on public transport. The choices are extremely limited.

I must admit to finding reference to the CBD in Bunbury amusing. It's like comparing Perth to New York...

Maryland
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Bunbury from the US

please do not worry we have everything in order with regards to quarantine.

I was worried that if for some reason we don't find a rental in time once my puppy's are finished witht their quarantine period, I was wondering if I could have them with me at the resort. I am afraid we are only allowing ourselves one week to find rental accomodation so I thought if we don't find somethiing appropriate to our needs we could stay a while longer at the resort, but still have the puppys with us.

Not sure if this is making any sense to you, but again, all is above board with the quarantine period. Hopefully, one week is all we need so that when the quarantine period is over [end june'] we will have found the right rental and we will not be seperated longer than need be from my beloved baby's!

I guess koombana doesn't allow dogs, so no problem, it is still more suitable to our needs in view of at least not having to eat out everynight, I do love my home cooking.

thanks a bunch for all your help and were looking forward to our new home in Bunbury...

Bunbury, Australia
Level Contributor
46 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bunbury from the US

Hope you enjoy living in Australia! You can always try calling or emailing some of the accommodation places as you never know! Otherwise there are good kennels around, I can personally recommend one called 'Bimbimbie Kennels' located at Roelands.

Good luck!

Margaret River
Level Contributor
45 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bunbury from the US

It would be best that you be prepared to board your dogs at a kennel while you seek your rental accommodation. It is likely that your rental landlord will want an additional bond if you have pets, don't take offence, it is quite standard and as long as when you leave the garden and house are in the same condition it should be returned.

Very few hotels, motels or B&B's will take pets as the guest following you may not be happy if your pet leaves a stray hair or flea behind!!!

As for nightlife.. well there are the pubs, the cinema and the occasional stage show or concert performance. There is a nightclub.. think of a small city where most entewrtaining is done at home.. having friends over for dinner or a bbq.. we aussies tend to fold to bed pretty early thru the working week.

Good luck and enjoy your aussie sojourn!

8. Re: Bunbury from the US

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 September 2010, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Bunbury
Recent Conversations