We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Degustation Lunch near Bettany Winery Lodging

Cincinnati
Level Contributor
82 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Degustation Lunch near Bettany Winery Lodging

We are staying at Bettany Winery during our time in Margaret River. As part of our holiday, we would like to experience a beautiful (food & atmosphere) degustation lunch with wine pairings. We're looking for the best place close by therefore limiting drive time. I have identified three locations and read the TA reviews, pluses and minuses and would like any other input from the forum in making our choice. And if you have a favorite that I haven't listed, please add. They are: Vasse Felix, Hay Shed(Rustico) and Knee Deep(trust the chef). We will be there Nov 14,15 & 16. Thank you!

5 replies to this topic
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4,339 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Degustation Lunch near Bettany Winery Lodging

Your choice may be influenced by the time you planned on going - many restaurants in the Region are only open for lunch as roads are winding with forest/kangaroos feeding close to the road edge and only have street lights in the small towns, not in between. Don't just assume that winery restaurants will be open for dinner.

We went to Hayshed Hill Winery for lunch just last week. The food was excellent, in delightful casual dining suroundings. We have previously had memorable meals at Vasse Felix which is more formal. I have only heard about the Trust the Chef meals at Knee Deep but not experienced them personally.

Which ever one you choose the whole area is renowned for its gourmet food.

Share platters are also a very popular option in the area at present in keeping with the relaxed attitude of the region.

Edited: 21 October 2017, 09:59
Cincinnati
Level Contributor
82 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Degustation Lunch near Bettany Winery Lodging

We plan to go for lunch as mentioned. I will consider casual vs more formal. Definitely plan to go to Vasse Felix but wasn't sure if that was our choice for lunch. Thank you.

Cincinnati
Level Contributor
82 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Degustation Lunch near Bettany Winery Lodging

BTW. We will be there mid November.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4,339 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Degustation Lunch near Bettany Winery Lodging

Bettenay's also has famous nougat - try their rose petal flavoured one for something unusual! (Makes a great gift if you can resist eating it before you present it back home.)

I can also recommend Palmer's Restaurant at their winery, Wise Winery, and the share platters for two at Woody Nook Winery. Amelia Park Wines also has a classy restaurant just off Caves Rd.

The tapas lunch selection at Hayshed is quite hard to choose from, lots of options all nice - a terrible problem for a casual lunch!

Cincinnati
Level Contributor
82 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Degustation Lunch near Bettany Winery Lodging

My husband loves nougat so we'll have to buy a lot to make it home! The new restaurant at Amelia Park looks amazing - that may be the place for our special occasion lunch even though it's not considered a degustation menu. I'm okay with that and we can select our own entrees and mains this way. I like other's suggests on the reviews to do the wine tasting first and then lunch and I'll be sure to make a booking. I'll put all the other wineries on a list for wine tasting and walking the grounds/relaxing. Thank you!

Reply to: Degustation Lunch near Bettany Winery Lodging
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Margaret River