We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommended attractions around Yallingup and Dunsbourgh area

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
29 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Recommended attractions around Yallingup and Dunsbourgh area

Hi will be visiting Margaret river in early Dec. Was thinking of exploring area in Yallingup and Dunsbourgh area, other then Canal Rocks, Meelup beach, are there any good recommendations? we're a family with 3 children aged 8 and above. Thank you.

3 replies to this topic
rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
24,862 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommended attractions around Yallingup and Dunsbourgh area

Have a look through the local tourism websites. Posting from my phone so links not easy but I know Margaret River’s is www.margaretriver.com

You can google for Dunsborough and Busselton. Then you can find what appeals to your family and what you have time for/are physically able to do/can afford.

Have fun!

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
160 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommended attractions around Yallingup and Dunsbourgh area

There are some good recommendations on this site, including a couple of links to family friendly wineries and breweries:

https:/…margaret-river.html

Something my husband and I often do when we go to Margaret River is a trip to The Berry Farm. It's a place that has lots of tasty things to sample and buy like jam and port. The adjoining cafe is a really pretty spot to have morning tea. We'll share a plate of scones and the forest birds always come in to eat the crumbs right in front of us. There's a playground for the kids, too.

Depending on which direction you're coming from, you'll most likely access The Berry Farm via Rosa Brook Road. On the corner of Bussell Hwy and Rosa Brook Road is a small cluster of shops: Yahava Koffeeworks, Temper Temper Chocolate, and Vasse Virgin Olive Oil. Vasse Virgin sells really delicious olive oil products as well as soaps and beauty products. All three places offer a lot of free samples so you can try before you buy. We never need lunch afterwards, but we always buy something to make sure they stay in business! 😉

Edited: 17 November 2017, 06:31
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4,339 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Recommended attractions around Yallingup and Dunsbourgh area

Paddle amonst the rocky pools at the south end of beautiful Bunker Bay via Farm Break Rd, climb the Cape Leeuwin lighthouse, watch surfers at Yallingup, order a light meal and share it under the trees at historic art-deco Caves House while watching the bright green 28 parrots.

Lots of ideas here:

https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/Travel-g25536…

Reply to: Recommended attractions around Yallingup and Dunsbourgh area
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Margaret River