We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

river rafting on Rangitikei

Which Palmerston North hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Washington DC
Level Contributor
9 posts
103 reviews
Save Topic
river rafting on Rangitikei

Any thoughts on good outfitters to raft the Rangitikei River? I see these 2 companies online,looks like the first is right on Highway 1, and the other is inland. www.mangaweka.co.nz or www.rivervalley.co.nz

Looking for a company that offers many options -- the college-age boys will likely want a different experience than 50-yr-old parents.

Thank you.

New Zealand
Level Contributor
9,273 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: river rafting on Rangitikei

River Valley would be my choice. My brothers family have had some great times with this company. It's a family business offereing some great activities for all ages. They also have the Mokai Gravity Canyon which the boys might like to do.

Wellington, New...
Level Contributor
744 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: river rafting on Rangitikei

Yes, we have gone with the River Valley rafting company and we thoroughly enjoyed it. The scenery is beautiful on the Rangitikei River.

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
1,531 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: river rafting on Rangitikei

Hi

I would definitely recommend www.rivervalley.co.nz

palmerston north
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: river rafting on Rangitikei

mangaweka.co.nz has a wider range of options available to suit a group with different types of people in it. With different boats being available on each trip i.e. some can kayak and some can raft... all on some amazing pieces of river!

Taihape
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: river rafting on Rangitikei

Thank you for your recommendation of River Valley.

Much appreciated.

Regards

Brian

6. Re: river rafting on Rangitikei

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 November 2010, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Palmerston North