We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Whangarei Restaurants

Which Whangarei hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
McLeod Bay...
Level Contributor
2 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Whangarei Restaurants

In my opinion Trip advisor is letting itself down somewhat in relation to Whangarei restaurants.For example Bulls on Bank closed some while ago and Gybe changed hands and was renamed Tahuna Reef.I have written and pointed this out but no action has been taken,hence I am resorting to this forum in the (constructive) hope that it might generate a response.

As a local resident,and a B&B operator, I have also suggested the inclusion of Topsail Restaurant, 206 Beach Road,Onerahi,Whangarei (whose website is www.topsail.co.nz) because I believe it to be up there with the best Whangarei has to offer.Again, to my dismay,nothing has happened.Please Trip Advisor, keep your site fresh and current so that visitors are given every opportunity to see Whangarei at its best!

Whangarei, Northland
Level Contributor
2,647 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Whangarei Restaurants

I agree that the restaurant listings for Whangarei are a little bit out of date:

Bulls on Bank - CLOSED DOWN

Cafe Hana - changed hands and noe called EZUMI, an excellent Japanese restaurant

Gybe - changed hands and now called TAHUNA REEF

Rin Chin Chilla - CLOSED DOWN

Not sure if posting on this Forum will get any of the listings changed though. Maybe as destination expert for Whangarei, I should ask for these listings to be corrected and updated.

Fully agree that Topsail + another couple of relatively new restaurants such as Ezumi & Salut should be listed.

Rarotonga, Cook...
Destination Expert
for Rarotonga, Waiheke Island, Southern Cook Islands, Auckland
Level Contributor
13,144 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Whangarei Restaurants

I agree AndyChef, as our local DE (I too am a resident of Whangarei) it would be best to contact TA directly to instigate the necessary changes.

Especially pleased to see another Whangarei-ite join us with Whangarei and regional information. Welcome to the forum Flutes - looking forward to having more input to help promote our fantastic district. Like travel-author Scott Cook says, Whangarei district is highly under-valued as a primary destination - on the other hand is this is a best kept secret??

Cheers

McLeod Bay...
Level Contributor
2 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Whangarei Restaurants

Thanks both for your replies, and expect to hear more in future!There is so much that is good about the Whangarei area and it is important that it is seen in best possible ligh-up to date information being just one example.

I will try again to draw attention to the updates needed, and of course to suggest topsail be included!!

4. Re: Whangarei Restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 February 2010, 06:29
Get answers to your questions about Whangarei