We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tattoo in Whangarei

Kaeo
2 posts
Save Topic
Tattoo in Whangarei

I want to get a tattoo and whangarei is the closest to my house. I know about Native INC and Art N Soul, but don't know about there reputations..

Northland, New...
Level Contributor
700 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Tattoo in Whangarei

I don't know about the reputations of any of these places. However, I noticed driving through Moerewa today that there is a tattoo place there (on the left hand side as you drive from Kaeo). This would the a lot closer to you than Whangarei, so may be worth checking out...

Kaeo
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Tattoo in Whangarei

thanks i will..

Hokianga North...
Level Contributor
191 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tattoo in Whangarei

There is also a tattooist in Kaitaia, at the plaza

whangarei
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Tattoo in Whangarei

I would highly recomend Art n Soul Tattoo Studio in Whangarei

I have had work done by them they are really clean do great designs and cool people to deal with

good luck

Auckland
Level Contributor
57 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tattoo in Whangarei

Kia ora, if you are interested in getting kirituhi which is Maori tattoo for non Maori people, then there is only one place to go. Mana Moko is on K Rd in Auckland and I suggest you ask for Arapeta. I recently got my leg done by him and I am really happy with it. I know another one of their artists has recently moved to Northland so it might be worth asking Arapeta abou that. Mana Moko would be worth the trip to Auckland, you won't be disappointed!

Whangaz
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Tattoo in Whangarei

i would definitly reccomend art and soul i have had alot of work done there and im real happy with what they have done....they are great people very clean and do a great job....i would never go anywhere else to get any done...they really do have the best reputation in town...

whangarei
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Tattoo in Whangarei

i definately wouldnt recommend getting a tatt done at art n soul by the guy that owns it... not a good job! and VERY unclean lines... i have seen some awesome work done on other people by him - but i also have seen some really bad jobs done on others as well as myself. will never go back there.

Auckland
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Tattoo in Whangarei

Mana Moka Auckland is definitely the place to go for tattoos, Relaxed, friendly, and original art work which I find refreshing and inspirational in the current mass produced society, I had a full sholder/left chest/left back, free hand draw on me which evolved as we went which was done by Pip. Wanting to go back soon as she is learning the traditional tattoo methods.

Paul T

9. Re: Tattoo in Whangarei

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 September 2009, 22:16
Get answers to your questions about Whangarei