We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Whitsundy's from Hervey Bay

Hebden Bridge...
Level Contributor
148 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
Whitsundy's from Hervey Bay

Hi

We are spending 5 nights at Hervey Bay in Feb and was just wondering if there are any day trips to the Whitsunday Islands operating, and if so what sort of prices we would be looking at. Not sure yet which part of the Islands we would like to go to as they all look as lovely as each other.

Any advice would be great.

Sunny Queensland...
Level Contributor
2,367 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Whitsundy's from Hervey Bay

The whitsunday islands are a long way from hervey bay so no day trips.There is however a day trip from hervey bay to lady elliot island which is the southernmost point of the great barrier reef.Look it up at www.ladyelliot.com.au

I think it is about $250 per person.The flight has great scenery,the snorkelling is very good and february is turtle hatching time.

London
Level Contributor
67 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Whitsundy's from Hervey Bay

5 nights is a long time in Hervey Bay. I'm guessing you are around 26/27 years old. I'm the same age and went to Hervey Bay with my partner and another couple last year. 2 nights was enough. There is not much to do in town and it seemed like a sleepy retirement village.

Hervey Bay's biggest advantage is its accessibility to Fraser Island.

sydney Australia
Level Contributor
871 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Whitsundy's from Hervey Bay

Can you hire a car while there and travel up to the Whitsundays. you would need all of the five days. alternativley there are various islands near teh mainland as you go up the coast. Lady Elliot has already been mentioned, Rockhampton has a good feel to it, and is close to Brampton Island and yeppoon.

but for fun and partying, you would need to go further north to Airlie beach and give the more southerly spots a miss.