We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Between Hervey Bay and Whitsundays - advice please?

Newquay, United...
Level Contributor
87 posts
501 reviews
Save Topic
Between Hervey Bay and Whitsundays - advice please?

I am coming to Australia next year and have the beginninf and end wrapped up but will find myself leaving Hervey Beach on 25/4/11 and arriving to WhitSundays on 30/4/10

What advice/suggestion can anyone give to make best use of time and see all the best sites

I am assuming iIwill hire a car

Thanks

Hervey Bay...
Level Contributor
563 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Between Hervey Bay and Whitsundays - advice please?

Hi Newquaygreen,

Maybe if you give us your itinerary so far it would be easier to offer advice, so we can see what you are already planning on doing and give an idea of what you like to see...

Not quite sure what you are asking or where you have been before this?? Are you looking for sites and destinations between Hervey Bay and Airlie Beach to spend 5 days?? (Assuming you will be driving north?)

What style / age bracket of traveller are you?

Rob

Cairns, Australia
Level Contributor
2,838 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Between Hervey Bay and Whitsundays - advice please?

The places that come to my mind would be Bunaberg/Bargara/Agnes Water a night or two then a rest stop and a few nights at Eungella National Park (rainforest).

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
4 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Between Hervey Bay and Whitsundays - advice please?

We just got back from Hervey Bay, and we drove to Agnes Waters as a launching point to go see Lady Musgrave Island. The trip to Lasy Musgrave was excellent. I have been to some of the whitsunday islands (a long time ago), and personally found the coral at Lady Musgrave and Lady Elliott to be much more impressive.

Newquay, United...
Level Contributor
87 posts
501 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Between Hervey Bay and Whitsundays - advice please?

Thanks for that, where did you stay?

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Between Hervey Bay and Whitsundays - advice please?

We found a quiet little park in Hervey Bay just 200mts from the Esplande - Fraser Coast Tourist Park within walking to everything. Nice & Quiet but had all the requirements for a treveller - Clean was the most important thing and reasonable pricing - we have stayed in a lot of places, this would be in our top 4 Good luck with your travels .

6. Re: Between Hervey Bay and Whitsundays - advice please?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 January 2013, 10:18
Get answers to your questions about Hervey Bay