We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Brisbane Airport to Hervey Bay

London, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Brisbane Airport to Hervey Bay

Hi there

I am looking to get from Brisbane Airport to Hervey Bay and am wondering what the best route is. I would like to avoid having to go all the way into Brisbane if at all possible as will have already have been travelling lots to get to Brisbane airport. We arrive at about 8am in the morning so plenty of time to get there. Any help would be really appreciated.

Hervey Bay...
Level Contributor
570 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Brisbane Airport to Hervey Bay

Hi Sandie,

I have replied to you directly, but for the benfit of the TripAdvisor community....

QantasLink flies direct from Brisbane to Hervey Bay with fares from $99 and 3 return flights a day. Unfortunately the morning flight departs at 8:10am so I think you will miss that one.

Queensland Rail runs 2 Tilt Train journeys north a day from Roma St station in the city. They depart at 11am and 4:55pm and arrive in Hervey Bay (via a train-link bus from Maryborough) at 3:28pm and 9:23pm respectively. One-way fares are $79.90 including the train-link bus and the journey is very pleasant in assigned seating with plenty of leg room and a cafe / shop on each train for meals and refreshments.

Return train from Hervey Bay departs Hervey Bay (link-bus) at 4:48am and 9:50am arriving in Brisbane at 9:50am and 2:50pm.

Rob

New Delhi, India
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Brisbane Airport to Hervey Bay

How to book seats in the train

New Delhi, India
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Brisbane Airport to Hervey Bay

How to book ticket for train to go to hervey bay from brisbane

New Delhi, India
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Brisbane Airport to Hervey Bay

I want to travel from Brisbane airport to hervey bay by train pl let me know wether I can book the ticket from India or I have to buy the ticket after reaching brisban

Hervey Bay...
Level Contributor
570 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Brisbane Airport to Hervey Bay

Hi 64prem,

You can book the tilt train online on the Queensland Rail website

queenslandrail.com.au/railservices/travelnet…

Rob

6. Re: Brisbane Airport to Hervey Bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2013, 10:16
Get answers to your questions about Hervey Bay