We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

recommend a safe adventure in Aukland

Colorado
2 posts
Save Topic
recommend a safe adventure in Aukland

Hello we are a young adventerous family and we have only one evening in Mangere with an early flight out. I'm looking for something to do. So far I've read some reviews and they recommened Ventura Inn. Its a bit pricey but would it be worth it. I found info on Waiwera Thermal Resort wow that seems perfect but can we get there. We are looking for shuttle service with nice eating and walking nearby.

thanks

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
1,859 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: recommend a safe adventure in Aukland

Sorry, could you say how long you have? What time do you arrive in Auckland? I assume the night you are staying is prior to your flight out. Jet Inn is also recommended - many of the airport hotels will be suitable for your purpose. It is hard to suggest an activity without knowing your timeframe.

Colorado
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: recommend a safe adventure in Aukland

Hello,

Thanks for the reply. We arrive at 2:10 and need to check in and drop our luggage someplace. Then we only have a little day light left. Then need diner and drink and then it bed time 9:30 or as long as our little guy makes it. We probably need shuttle to airport 6am. Thanks for you help.

Whangarei, Northland
Level Contributor
2,647 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: recommend a safe adventure in Aukland

The Ventura Inn is by far the best option near the airport - you should be able to get a room for around $NZ120 - about $70 in your currency - I don't think thats pricey by any means, its very good value for what you get.

You need to bear in mind that there is not any hotels close to the airport where you could really say there is nice eating and walking nearby - basically the area near the airport doesn't have a huge amount to offer in that respect.

The Ventura Inn is in a safe area, and has a pub just round the corner where you can go for dinner - thats about as good as it gets in the airport area.

Waiwera is about an hour north of the airport by car, but if you don't have a car, its not really possible with the short time you have.

You could think about going to Butterfly Creek for the afternoon, this is a really good place for kids, and right near the airport...

http://www.butterflycreek.co.nz/

Rarotonga, Cook...
Destination Expert
for Rarotonga, Waiheke Island, Southern Cook Islands, Auckland Central
Level Contributor
13,929 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: recommend a safe adventure in Aukland

I'g go for Ventura because I'm a regular there due to its convenience to the airport, and its services. Ive just returned to NZ and paid NZ$115.00 night via Wotif. Ventura also has family suites with separate bedroom and lounge - fold down couch and trundle beds available.

Butterfly Creek and Mini-putt are only a short taxi/shuttle ride towards domestic terminal - as Andy says there's pub for meals around corner, and also a pizza takeaway/delivery. Plus there's a small shopping centre near airport with 24 hour Foodtwon supermarket - the suites at Ventura have full kitchens - and other rooms may have kitchenettes (request these).

Another good option is Centra Hotel - further away from airport, but also in Mangere area. Spacious rooms, restaurant, nice grounds, big complex. Regular hotel shuttle.

Cheers.

usa
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: recommend a safe adventure in Aukland

Thanks heaps!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
50 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: recommend a safe adventure in Aukland

What date will you be in town? There may be some other options. Although Butterfly Creek is pretty cool.

7. Re: recommend a safe adventure in Aukland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 November 2009, 05:20
Get answers to your questions about Mangere