We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One night in Auckland

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
16 reviews
Save Topic
One night in Auckland

Arriving with daughter and husband at noon tomorrow and leaving by 5 am Monday, Jan 23rd, seeking advice for a reasonable budget hotel, preferably with an airport shuttle. Any suggestions?

4 replies to this topic
Whangarei, Northland
Level Contributor
2,648 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One night in Auckland

There are several good places to stay around the airport, that all have shuttle buses....

I have stayed several times at the Bella Vista Express, so that would probably be my choice, the other 'budget' option that should be good is Formule One, this is fairly new, slightly closer to the airport, and is a typical Formule One hotel (rooms small but well set up, good value for money)

The Bella Vista will have bigger rooms but may be very slightly more expensive.

Any plans for what to do in the afternoon tomorrow ?? - I assume you know the airport is 45 mins from Auckland city....

Good things to do near the airport are: Villa maria Winery, Butterfly Creek, Dressmart in Onehunga (+ nice cafes and restaurants in that area), Cornwall park/One tree Hill....

Rarotonga, Cook...
Destination Expert
for Rarotonga, Waiheke Island, Southern Cook Islands, Auckland Central
Level Contributor
15,163 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One night in Auckland

Just to add to Andychef's reply, I also have stayed on numerous occassions at the Bella Vista Express hotel and all my stays have been pleasant. 24 hour free shuttle and continental breakfast included. There is licenced dining immediately across the forecourt to the Sudima Hotel. Good parking onsite with longer term parking by arrangement.

The Formula1 has a lower nightly tarrif, and being located within the airport perimeter, this hotel is especially popular due to airport convenience. Also its very handy to the shopping centre across the road, and the park and ride parking compound a short distance along George Bolt drive (main route to airport).

Check www.wotif.com for hotel rates - this is a reputable online booking service.

Sacramento...
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: One night in Auckland

I recommend you do not stay at the Auckland Airport Lodge Hotel. Reasons: They demanded additional money at the counter, the room, unit number 2 was very dirty. (I sat in the lobby until I went to sleep it smelled so bad.) The topper, there is a lengthy massive street reconstruction project that is deafening. I am estimating it will last until January of 2016. You have to ask permission from the construction workers to gain access to the lodge.

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for Zhuhai, Christchurch, South Island
Level Contributor
35,856 posts
362 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: One night in Auckland

rmull2015, this thread is more than 3 years old.

Reply to: One night in Auckland
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Mangere
More Mangere Topics