We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marahau, Motueka, or Kaiteri

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
55 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Marahau, Motueka, or Kaiteri

Hi, my husband and I will be visiting Nelson and Abet Tasman in decemeber for our honeymoon. We plan to stay 2 nights in Abel Tasman and then one night in nelson. Should we stay in Marahau, Motueka or Kaikouri?

Breckenridge...
Destination Expert
for Breckenridge
Level Contributor
3,318 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Marahau, Motueka, or Kaiteri

I would stay in Kaiteriteri

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
55 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Marahau, Motueka, or Kaiteri

THanks for that. Any reasons why?

U.K.
Level Contributor
210 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Marahau, Motueka, or Kaiteri

I would chose Motueka.It is small but has some nice areas around it and eating places.

M.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
711 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Marahau, Motueka, or Kaiteri

I vote for Marahau which is the closest town to the Abel Tasman NP. The Ocean View Chalets are a great place to stay.

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for Zhuhai, Christchurch, South Island
Level Contributor
36,276 posts
366 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Marahau, Motueka, or Kaiteri

What is your budget and how are you getting about in the Park - hiking or water-taxi, or kayak?

Since it is a honeymoon I'd like to recommend Awaroa Lodge, right in the National park, with access on foot or by water taxi.

6. Re: Marahau, Motueka, or Kaiteri

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2009, 16:19
Get answers to your questions about Nelson
Recent Conversations