We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1.5 days, what to do?

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
310 posts
1 review
Save Topic
1.5 days, what to do?

I am in Nelson for approx 1.5days in between my Abel Tasman kayaking, and Kaikoura whale watching. What would you recommend i do for this time?

It's really in as more of a recovery stop after the speed of the rest of the route, but i am still very interested in packing as much in as i can.

Thank you

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
7,694 posts
194 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1.5 days, what to do?

Nelson is a very nice small city with Cafes and galleries (do not miss the Suiter)so it's an excellent place to recharge without actually sleeping. It is smack in the middle of a rather excellent wine area. Take a walk along the waterfront between the city and Taunanui (sorry if my spelling is wrong), pick out a cafe that suits you and enjoy a coffee. The "i" site is right in the middle of town, they will have plenty of options for you.

Greymouth, New...
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
3,862 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1.5 days, what to do?

you could check out the 'world of wearable arts' (WoW) and car museum

This is a gallery that is sort of designed to suit him and her. The wearables arts display is updated with each year of annual shows in welligton.

if you are there on a saturday, then the farmers market in the center of town

if you are into cathdrals, well Nelson has one of them too

I checked out an old peoples home too last week, The sir ernest Rutherford is the finest of rest homes I have ever seen, it is hard to find a hotel as luxurious. ( I just added that as a side)

Sir Ernest Rutherford the the scientest who was born in Nelson, who was the first in the world to split the atom.

3. Re: 1.5 days, what to do?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 May 2010, 05:26
Get answers to your questions about Nelson