We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any fun cruises departing from Nelson...

Which Nelson hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore
Level Contributor
89 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Any fun cruises departing from Nelson...

that allows you to see a lot of wildlife, stop over at secluded beaches, swim/kayak/picnic, visit mussel farms,etc. Recommended for the whole family? I will be visiting in January. Thanks!

New Zealand
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
28,297 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any fun cruises departing from Nelson...

Mussel farm tours depart from Picton or Havelock and if you book ahead for January kids go free. marlboroughtravel.co.nz/greenshell_mussel_cr…

If wanting to kayak/swim/picnic I suggest you go the opposite direction from Havelock towards Abel Tasman National Park. Again, you can get day tours from Nelson. I haven't done any of the AT tours but they have an excellent reputation.

Have fun :)

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for Zhuhai, Christchurch, South Island
Level Contributor
31,277 posts
322 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any fun cruises departing from Nelson...

Have a look at boats departing from Kaiteriteri or Marahau into Abel Tasman NP.

Nelson
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any fun cruises departing from Nelson...

There is a boat that leaves Nelson in the summer, it starts again in September. It leaves the Wakefield Quay area and takes you to Kaiteriteri. From here you can go into the park and get dropped off at one of the beaches, do a walking trip somewhere and board the boat again for your trip home or even stay on the boat the whole time and take in the scenery.

There are other trips that leave from Nelson and head over to the park by boat and then out on the water from there.

Theoptions are endless.

Get into your local i-SITE and they can give you all the information from there.

Singapore
Level Contributor
89 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any fun cruises departing from Nelson...

Hi, thanks for all your replies! However, I have found my ideal holiday cruise fun in Picton instead - Waterways Boating Safaris! Recommended by Tripadvisor as always! :>

I will just drive around Nelson visting the beautiful beaches & quaint little towns, as recommended, instead.

5. Re: Any fun cruises departing from Nelson...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2012, 18:18
Get answers to your questions about Nelson