We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eating Out

Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
120 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Eating Out

Heading up to Nelson end of Feb, Love Thai and Indian food what restaurants do you suggest (prefer BYO)

New Zealand
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
28,315 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Eating Out

Hi Rascall :)

Take a look at the restaurant listings for recommendations tripadvisor.com/Restaurants-g255678-Nelson_N…

I've eaten at the Golden Bell, very nice, quite expensive. I didn't notice if it was BYO.

I haven't tried any Indian places.

Enjoy your visit :)

Nelson-Tasman...
Level Contributor
7,353 posts
429 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Eating Out

Golden Bell is very popular and so is

chai Yo. For best restaurants go to Hopgoods, teppan Yaki table at Mizayu, Boat shed or three rooms.

Nelson, New Zealand
Level Contributor
203 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Eating Out

For Thai food Golden Bell in Nelson is good and just across the road is Chok Dee which is good and also reasonable price.

I dont know about Indian.

Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
120 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Eating Out

Thanks everyone for your reccomendations, might have to try both Golden Bell and Chok Dee I see they both have good reviews.

So much choice so little time.

5. Re: Eating Out

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 January 2014, 20:15
Get answers to your questions about Nelson