We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas lunch in Nelson

Which Nelson hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Leamington Spa...
Level Contributor
24 posts
122 reviews
Save Topic
Christmas lunch in Nelson

Hi - I would really appreciate some advice/tips. We are going to New Zealand for a three-week honeymoon in December, and will be there for Christmas Day. We would obviously like to book Christmas lunch in advance - can anyone recommend where would be good to go, particularly if you know they are definitely open!

I've got a few ideas of the top restaurants in Nelson so can also contact them, but any local knowledge would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Nelson-Tasman...
Level Contributor
7,233 posts
424 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Christmas lunch in Nelson

Hopgoods is by far the best restaurant in Nelson though and Ive done lots of research. Dont miss it.

but book to ensure. Be sure to have the crispy duck salad.

New Zealand
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
28,297 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Christmas lunch in Nelson

Not too arduous at all SB, Poppy and I joined forces for the reconnaissance mission :)

Leamington Spa...
Level Contributor
24 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Christmas lunch in Nelson

Yes Hopgoods is on the must visit list Poppy. I emailed them about Christmas but unfortunately they're not open, but they recommended the Boat Shed.

Nelson-Tasman...
Level Contributor
7,233 posts
424 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Christmas lunch in Nelson

And enjoyable research it was as well checking out Paulas plate.

thanks WLnz!

Boat shed do a great "trust the chef" option. Set price and leave it to them, Im sure they will have something special for christmas!

15. Re: Christmas lunch in Nelson

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2014, 02:16
Get answers to your questions about Nelson