We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Riu Guanacaste

windsor
Level Contributor
33 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Hotel Riu Guanacaste

let the count down begin going nov 13th looking forward to seeing monkeys and a sloth ....any advice on things to do the good and the bad would be awesome first time in costa rica our 33rd anniversary

Alex on the Beach & Amazing Tours
Scuba & Snorkeling, Nature & Wildlife Tours, 4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours, Horseback Riding Tours, Zipline & Aerial Adventure Parks
Issys Tours Costa Rica
River Rafting & Tubing, Taxis & Shuttles, Nature & Wildlife Tours, 4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours
Brother's Adventures Tours
Zipline & Aerial Adventure Parks, Boat Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Bermuda
Destination Expert
for Bermuda
Level Contributor
3,505 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Riu Guanacaste

i seriously doubt that you will see any animals on the property because riu have taken drastic measures to prevent that from happening. they've destroyed a protected mangrove swamp where many animals lived, poisoned a forest and killed all the trees where monkeys and sloths once lived, they even buried a river where animals came to drink. their environmental record is deplorable.

Atlanta
Level Contributor
282 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Riu Guanacaste

their service isn't all that is cracked up to be either. You might see howler monkeys. Go ziplining, whitewater. Take a sunset cruise.

3. Re: Hotel Riu Guanacaste

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 23 September 2012, 19:35
San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
48,221 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Riu Guanacaste

I own a piece of land around Matapalo beach ...where RIU is...the last time we saw a trutle around was maybe 6 years ago...only ONE...sorry not such a thing like OStional where you can really see turtles at night...

Most of the wild life was killed during construction of the resort...that is a fact!

GannaMR...nice your report and post but not nice you keep advertizing your OLD place of work...this is a travel forum not a FREE place to advertise!!

roadadvisor

windsor
Level Contributor
33 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Riu Guanacaste

: Hotel Riu Guanacaste

going nov 13th looking for anyone going the same time to maybe share cab rides or do excursions together .cant wait to get away from work for a bit

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
668 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Riu Guanacaste

You can do tours locally to Rincon de la Vieja...hike, zip line, do mud baths and hot springs, horseback ride...

Also boat tours; sailing, fishing, snorkeling....

A lot of people that come aboard our boat rave about the Palo Verde Boat Tour, about 40 minutes from the RiU....they see crocodiles, lots of birds, monkeys, iguanas, etc. Here is the website; http://www.paloverdeboattours.com/

I really want to do that tour myself someday!

Anchorage, Alaska
Level Contributor
580 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel Riu Guanacaste

here now. we are enjoying our stay. people have seen whales and some have seen sea turtles. I would advise to plan a tour for fri and Saturday the normally quiet resort gets packed with loud locals. Nights tend to be pretty quiet. you might want to bring a few card games for the down time between dinner and shows. I used costaricaprivatetours.com with Freddy Monterro for transfers to the hotel,the Boriquenadventure tour, and Palo River tour. He is licensed and I was 200% satisfied. so nice not to ride in a van with 25 others :) youwillhavea blast!

8. Re: Hotel Riu Guanacaste

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2012, 14:49
9. Re: Hotel Riu Guanacaste

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2013, 01:18
Get answers to your questions about Sardinal