We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

E-mail address for Riu Guanacaste

Guelph, Canada
Level Contributor
22 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
E-mail address for Riu Guanacaste

Does anyone have an e-mail address for the Riu Guanacaste? I sent some questions via the Riu address 3 weeks ago, but no answer.

Cahuita, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Cahuita
Level Contributor
2,649 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: E-mail address for Riu Guanacaste

reception.guanacaste@riu.com

is the email address on their website, if they aren't answering perhaps it is a sign of their customer service!

Bermuda
Destination Expert
for Bermuda
Level Contributor
3,484 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: E-mail address for Riu Guanacaste

or lack of!

Wasaga Beach, Canada
Level Contributor
540 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: E-mail address for Riu Guanacaste

I emailed them back in january and they got back to me the next day. I had asked for 3 rooms together facing the jungle and that is exactly what we got. I will try to find the email address I used for you. BTW. We had excellent customer service during our entire stay!

Wasaga Beach, Canada
Level Contributor
540 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: E-mail address for Riu Guanacaste

I used both reception.guanacaste@riu.com and sales.sjo@riu.com

Guelph, Canada
Level Contributor
22 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: E-mail address for Riu Guanacaste

HI,

I am just reading recent reviews and am becoming increasing worried. This is a 4-generation Christmas vacation. Can you please let me know your experience, also are there coffee makers in the room or room service. My 83 yr old mom is going with us and she likes a couple of coffees early in the morning before the rest of us are usually up! My travel agent told us there were coffee makers, but I don't think there are. Also a lot of comments about the wine being dreadful. I'm sure I am worrying without cause!

Thanks,

Susanne

Lake Preston, South...
Level Contributor
37 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: E-mail address for Riu Guanacaste

After reading all the bad comments on the Riu and the damage it did to area where it was built. It seems strange to me that a lot of the reviews for the Riu on tripadvisor people have wrote say "the motel was over run with locals on the weekends" why would the locals be going to the Riu if it broke laws and harmed the environment?

I haven't found any concrete info on anything that I have read, I pray it isn't true! Can anyone tell me where a web site is or the name of a local paper where articles on the Riu have been wrote by reporters that is about the issues the Rui is facing that have been published in a public paper?

Cahuita, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Cahuita
Level Contributor
2,649 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: E-mail address for Riu Guanacaste

elpais.cr/frontend/noticia_detalle/3/47239

responsibledevelopmentfront.com/?page_id=1518

costaricareport.com/2012/…

…wordpress.com/2010/…

tropicaldaily.com/costa-rica/…

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: E-mail address for Riu Guanacaste

The "locals" at the RIU are not people who actually live near the RIU - they are typically professionals or business owners from the San Jose area. And it's hard to resist when the RIU is advertising prices under $100 a night for an AI. I don't know what you are paying, but I've seen prices here in Costa Rica of $89 a night, AI. (They have to do something to fill those 1200 rooms!) Of course, not every single person thinks the RIU is a bad thing! Just like anywhere else, there are those who ignore the damage and the huge impact on the local fresh water aquifer and only focus on the resort.

Thanks, Sara, for those great resources!

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: E-mail address for Riu Guanacaste

There's also this:

www.thefreelibrary.com/Hotel+cited+as+environmental+culprit.-a0215114788

As I wrote elsewhere, the Costa Rican Supreme Court is also taking a look at the RIU to assess the criminality of their actions. No result as yet.

Edited: 06 January 2014, 12:31
10. Re: E-mail address for Riu Guanacaste

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 January 2015, 07:18
Get answers to your questions about Sardinal