We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riu Palace rooms

Whitby,On
Level Contributor
20 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Riu Palace rooms

What would be the best rooms of the Riu Palace hotel to stay in. An ocean view is not necessary and we prefer the top floor.

Minneapolis
Level Contributor
21 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Riu Palace rooms

the resort is sort of U shaped so a lot of the rooms face the ocean. I don't believe this is an upgrade. You are a distance from the water so you won't be able to lay and listen to the waves. But it is a nice view with the water in front and the hills on each side. The rooms on the back side of the hotel face the hills. We had a room with an exceptionally large deck which was very nice. Definitely higher is better to avoid mustiness. If you are sensitive to noise and go to bed early, be aware of where the stage is for the evening entertainment/dancing.

Whitby,On
Level Contributor
20 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Riu Palace rooms

Thanks very much for the info.

Michigan
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Riu Palace rooms

Any advice on the Riu Palace Jacuzzi Suites? Is the jacuzzi on the balcony? Do they all face the ocean?

Michigan
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Riu Palace rooms

Where is a smoker allowed to smoke in the Riu Place in Guanacaste, Costa Rica?

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Riu Palace rooms

There is a comprehensive no-smoking law in Costa Rica so you will not be able to smoke anywhere inside the hotel. Other people have mentioned being able to smoke on the balcony - but this is not legal. And..... if I had a room with the balcony next to someone who was smoking, I would really be upset.

What most hotels do is have a covered smoking area outside with chairs, etc.

Tacoma, Washington
Level Contributor
84 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Riu Palace rooms

Looking at booking a room at the Riu Palace-- just the standard garden view... however is that a rom with ocean view? I dont want to pay the extra money for an ocean view-- I did in Punta Cana and didn't have an ocean view... so now I dont wanna book an upgrade and possibly not get it...?

7. Re: Riu Palace rooms

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 April 2016, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Sardinal