We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Renting a car

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
98 posts
Save Topic
Renting a car

My girlfriend and I just booked an all inclusive hotel at Allegra Papagayo. Was wandering if its worth it to rent a car and go sight seeing. Were concern about safety and cost. Perhaps we should go with a travel guide. What's people thoughts? Any other options?

Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
Level Contributor
7,944 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Renting a car

I think renting a car is always good if you can swing it. Roads here are in pretty god shape. You always get to do and see more with a vehicle. Look for decent companies to rent from. I have used Adobe many times and they are a good choice http://www.adobecar.com/ Several other companies get good reviews consistently.

Bedford, Virginia
Level Contributor
440 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Renting a car

My husband and I stayed there on our first trip. They have an on site car rental so it's easy to rent a car for a day or two. We went exploring in Playas del Coco, snorkeling in Conchal, and shopping in Tamarindo. We even spent the night out before we returned. The Allegro is pretty isolated so we loved being able to get out and see things without being on a tour. Driving is safe and easy, especially in that area. Have fun!

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
4 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Renting a car

no issues with renting a car in CR.

Stay clear of enterprise, as they quote you a basic car rental feel, then literally breal out the calculator, and a note pad, and scratch on it what you owe them for the entire rental. the cost usually doubles.

This year we rented with vamos. Their website is clear and concise. No surprise fees

Edited: 25 June 2014, 15:48
4. Re: Renting a car

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 June 2015, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Sardinal