We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Should I prepare Fly Net ?

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
5 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Should I prepare Fly Net ?

I am ready to visit Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park in middle next month. Should I bring a Fly Net with Hat, When I go ? Someone told me that they will be a lot of big housefly around you all the time while you in that area! It make your journey very uncomfortable.

Mentioned in this post
Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park
Uluru-Kata Tjuta...
Red Centre, Australia
13 replies to this topic
ON, Canada
Level Contributor
14,407 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Should I prepare Fly Net ?

If you have one I'd bring it. We were there in mid-April last year and I bought a net while there.

The flies are small, they don't bite but they are pesky (getting in your eyes and on your mouth) ... fortunately there weren't swarms of them ... but enough to make a net is a good thing to have!

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
10,433 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Should I prepare Fly Net ?

They can be extremely annoying. A fly met takes up no room in your luggage. So take it with you. If they’re bad whilst you’re there, you’ll be glad to have it. Swallowing them isn’t pleasant for sure!

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
5 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Should I prepare Fly Net ?

Thanks !

Uluru-Kata Tjuta...
Level Contributor
250 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Should I prepare Fly Net ?

Hi Wendy C, definitely bring a fly net if they annoy you. They are around and until winter gets here they will not reduce

Yulara, Australia
Level Contributor
1,357 posts
357 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Should I prepare Fly Net ?

I always suggest yes to that question.

Oz
Level Contributor
14,377 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Should I prepare Fly Net ?

Hi,

Absolutely the little beggars are hard to catch without one and even harder to fit with one.

Cheers,

Sunshine coast
Level Contributor
13 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Should I prepare Fly Net ?

Definitely, we have just been. March 2018, stayed at Longitude 131. They provided nets for each guest.

After the initial embarrassment of not wearing one, within a short while, the whole group donned them. Flies in the mouth very unpleasant. I wore mine over a visor, when walking outside and even around the pool.

sydney
Level Contributor
132 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Should I prepare Fly Net ?

We’re currently in the Red centre.

I have to tell you the best purchase on this holiday is the $10 each, my wife, kids and I spent on the fly nets.

The first day here , we didn’t have one and we were constantly doing the Australian salute

Now , we are more comfortable outdoors, but it’s not as pretty in the photos.

sydney
Level Contributor
132 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Should I prepare Fly Net ?

We’re currently in the Red centre.

I have to tell you the best purchase on this holiday is the $10 each, my wife, kids and I spent on the fly nets.

The first day here , we didn’t have one and we were constantly doing the Australian salute

Now , we are more comfortable outdoors, but it’s not as pretty in the photos.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Should I prepare Fly Net ?

Yes, I'm happy that we bought it cheap from eBay. The flies here are very small, not a big problem but the net keep you away from hassle

Reply to: Should I prepare Fly Net ?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Uluru-Kata Tjuta...