We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A weather and what to wear question for now!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
243 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
A weather and what to wear question for now!

Anyone there now please? We are going tomorrow and I don’t know how to pack exactly! We’re doing a sunrise viewing and SoS dinner - is this heavy jacket time? iPhone says it could be 3 degrees!! And during the day, how does the 21 degrees feel? Long sleeve T-shirt or short sleeve T-shirt type of 21degrees?? Any quick reply would be helpful as I need to pack ASAP!

Thank you in advance!

5 replies to this topic
Darwin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Darwin
Level Contributor
6,661 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A weather and what to wear question for now!

Just take a windproof jacket and long pants and you will be fine.

If there is a wind then you obviously get the windchill. It will only get to 3 in the dead of the morning and you probably wont be out then :}

Covered shoes as your feet may get cold at the dinner.

The heat is dry and 21 is great- short sleeve weather- but its all relative to what you are used to.

Take a sun hat and sunscreen

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
243 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A weather and what to wear question for now!

Thank you!! I feel the cold easily but the rest of my family don’t - they’ll be pleased to hear it’s short sleeved weather during the day!

Darwin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Darwin
Level Contributor
6,661 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A weather and what to wear question for now!

But do take something with sleeves againgt the sun and as i said if windy. I never wear short sleeves in in the sun anyway. Just oack some light layers.

Uluru-Kata Tjuta...
Level Contributor
245 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A weather and what to wear question for now!

Hi Pink Hog, I live here. It's going to be a bit cooler here in next few days (expecting minimum of 3 tonight). Days are mild but glorious for doing the walks. AS long as you've got a jumper and possibly a beanie for the sunrise you should be fine. I was out and about the park today and kept my long sleaved jacket on all day so days are getting a little fresher than when I did the base walk Tuesday with a short sleaved shirt. Definitely have a light jumper/jacket with you.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
243 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: A weather and what to wear question for now!

Thank you to the both of you! Useful info!

Reply to: A weather and what to wear question for now!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Uluru-Kata Tjuta...