We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas

Level Contributor
9 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Christmas

Hi folks,

Booked to spend festive period at Ayers Rock to celebrate 10th wedding anniversary. And had a few questions:

Do the restaurants do Christmas Day menus or is it business as usual? (Have booked SoS for evening)

In terms of clothing is the resort and restaurants quite formal or more relaxed? Do people dress up for meals or is it shirts and t-shirts?

I know it will be red hot during day (live in tropical qld so will be glad of no humidity) but st sunrise and sunset what type of clothing Is appropriate?

Finally had anyone had an experience of being here at Christmas?

Can’t wait!!!!!

3 replies to this topic
Uluru-Kata Tjuta...
Level Contributor
250 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas

Hi LIsa, I've spent 4 Christmas Days here (one staying at Emu Walk, two staying at Sails in the Desert and one at Mutitjulu). Flew out Boxing Day this year but we did the Christmas lunch at Ilkari Restaurant. Last year both Bough House and Ilkarai did Xmas special menus (Ilkari was $150pp) on Xmas day but every other day is business as usual. There are Carols on the weekend prior to Xmas for residents/visitors. The National Park opens as usual every day over the festive season. It's a great time of year and there's a good feel but it is generally rather warm. We love it!!

In terms of dress sense people generally don't dress up but neither do they generally wear t-shirts. smart casual would be best description. It really varies with the guests as even though you have a hierarchy of hotels the guests can all choose where they go. Good luck, I'll be here this year as my turn to work the festive season.

Mentioned in this post
Ilkari Restaurant
Ilkari Restaurant
895 Reviews
Yulara, Australia
Sydney
Destination Expert
for Croatia
Level Contributor
16,744 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas

We spent Christmas in the Centre several years ago, but Christmas day was spend in Alice Springs. We always wore very casual clothes, mostly shorts and t-shirts, but we didn't go to high end restaurants.

The out and about, wear as little as possible, but protect yourself against the sun, but you would know that anyway, being from tropics.

Mentioned in this post
Alice Springs
Alice Springs
Red Centre, Australia
Level Contributor
9 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Christmas

Thanks for your reply! I’m really looking forward to it.

Reply to: Christmas
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Uluru-Kata Tjuta...