We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 nights or 3 nights

Hong Kong, China
1 post
Save Topic
2 nights or 3 nights

I am flying from Sydney to Ayers Rock. Will arrive at about 2:00 pm and will catch a 1:45 pm flight back to Sydney. I am in the middle of planning the itinerary and faced with a dilemma. Hotel charges are high and I wonder if I should spend 2 or 3 nights in Ayers Rock. Will I be able to do the essential sights in 2 nights (i.e.1 full day and 2 half days)?, e.g. Sunrise at Uluru, Sunset at Kata Tjuta, the Silence Dinner, and the Olgas. Thanks in advance for any help.

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Arlington
Level Contributor
13,480 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 nights or 3 nights

For the "essentials" that you mention, 2 nights at Uluru should be sufficient.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,663 posts
1,612 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 nights or 3 nights

As mentioned by Longhorn 2 nights is enough time to see all the attractions.

tripadvisor.com.au/GoListDetail-i17672-Uluru…

joancollins69
Level Contributor
122 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 nights or 3 nights

i stayed 3 and did all you did plus a sunrise camel ride which i enjoyed the most of all youve mentioned and that day rested by the pool and such. the sounds of silence can be bug city and quite cool so prepare for both (still a great experience and as a veggo i still ate heartly)

Alice Springs...
Destination Expert
for Alice Springs, Kings Canyon, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Red Centre, Northern Territory
Level Contributor
738 posts
1,948 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2 nights or 3 nights

Hi,

Sunset at Kata Tjuta, (Olgas) is great, but try and do the Valley of the winds walk prior.

Sounds of Silence is dinner is very enjoyable and you will see Uluru, and the Olgas in the distance.

After your early Uluru sunrise, then take the time to do the walk around.

2 nights is sufficient for these if you plan well.

southern spain
Level Contributor
84 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: 2 nights or 3 nights

We satyed in the hostel and up graded our room, which was fine, stayed 2 nights, did the sunrise tour only, as everthing is so expensive, if I did it again, I would only stay 24 hrs,, fly in, do the dinner and sunrise tour and then fly out, but if you have lots of money, the your iterery is fine.

Edited: 07 March 2014, 14:39
6. Re: 2 nights or 3 nights

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12 May 2014, 06:05
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,803 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 2 nights or 3 nights

Hiring a car is a much better deal to avoid the overpriced sunset & sunrise tours. You only need a 2wd drive car, driving is easy in the area, and there are several companies available at AYQ airport. It's a no-brainer assuming you have a licensed driver. Do book in advance as the cars can run out.

Edited: 14 March 2014, 03:47
8. Re: 2 nights or 3 nights

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 March 2015, 04:24
Get answers to your questions about Uluru-Kata Tjuta...