We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parks pass and fly nets

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
58 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Parks pass and fly nets

My family will be visiting Uluru next week from Thursday afternoon till Sunday lunch ( flight out at 2.30pm). I think the 3 day pass won't cover this entire period, so should we get the annual individual ticket instead ( $32.50pp), is that right? I haven't planned anything specific for Sunday morning, but thought we may like to go for another walk at Uluru.

Should we bring hats to wear with the fly nets or are the fly nets sold attached to hats? Where is the best place to buy fly nets?

Thank you

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,346 posts
1,521 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parks pass and fly nets

You can buy the fly nets at the Voyages local store. However; at this time of the year you probably won't need them. The flies are terrible in summertime.

Regarding the pass I would wait until you ask at the entrance.

Standard three day pass | $25 Visitors 16 years and over must purchase one of these passes to enter the park. The pass is valid for three consecutive days. Annual individual ticket | $32.50 These tickets are valid for one year from the date of issue. The pass covers entry into the Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park for the person identified on the pass. To purchase these tickets, you must present a form of identification. This will be required each time you enter - See more at: parksaustralia.gov.au/uluru/plan/passes-perm…

South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
27,248 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parks pass and fly nets

Yes, if you plan to enter the park on either the Thursday or Sunday, your best option is the annual pass.

You probably won't need nets. If you do, you can get them at the store in the village area.

Alice Springs
Level Contributor
141 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parks pass and fly nets

I'd advise to get fly nets or a product that would keep flies away. We had lots of rain last week. Went camping just this weekend and the flies were terrible. Enjoy your trip.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
58 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Parks pass and fly nets

Thanks everyone, will be prepared for pass and flies!

Alice Springs...
Destination Expert
for Alice Springs, Kings Canyon, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Red Centre, Northern Territory
Level Contributor
626 posts
1,950 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Parks pass and fly nets

Always carry the fly nets for comfort as you never know.

They are small and fold up in your pocket.

You can purchase them for around $5 at the cheap shops or more at camping stores.

Usually $15+ at Yulara and the products are the same.

6. Re: Parks pass and fly nets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 April 2015, 07:15
Get answers to your questions about Uluru-Kata Tjuta...
Recent Conversations