We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visit Modra špilja and Zelena špilja at the end of May?

Berlin, Germany
6 posts
Save Topic
Visit Modra špilja and Zelena špilja at the end of May?

Hi Gals and Guys,

We are planning a trip to croatia (surprise surprise) and will be landing in Split and head to Dubrovnik from there.

We have already been to Split before and know the surrouding a bit, so we were originally planning to head for Dubrovnik directly. However, now the idea has popped up to spend on day on a trip to the blue & green grotto in Bisevo as we didn't have the funds and time to do this last time.

So the first question is going to be: For those of you who have seen the grotto's, are they worth it? Or is their "blue" and "green" largerly exagerated?

The second question would be: What are the chances that we will find an agency willing to do this exact trip from split on Sunday May 19th? And what is the minimum amount of money we would have to expect to spend on this? (We are 2 students and a pupil).

If you know of an agency that makes a good price outside high season, can you let me know it? (Or is this against forum rules, I never quite know).

Last but not least, do you know of any "must sees" on the bus ride from Split to Dubrovnik? We would've taken the ferry but it seems they only start operating in june. A week too late for us. :(

Thanks a bunch

regards myrtile

Virginia
Level Contributor
3,010 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visit Modra špilja and Zelena špilja at the end of May?

Check with the Split tourist office. http://visitsplit.com/

Perhaps they can advise you on who offers this excursion.

I was on Vis in late May several years ago, and they were not even offering the trip from Vis, so I am not optimistic, but you never know.

Do you have enough time to just visit Vis before you head to Dubrovnik?

If you want to stop somewhere between Split and Dubrovnik, I suggest Omis.

Berlin, Germany
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Visit Modra špilja and Zelena špilja at the end of May?

Hi,

thanks :) I have already sent the tourist office an email, in the hope that they may know something.

Vis is accessible via ferry all year round, no? What would you recommend there? I was looking at "all inclusive packages" so far, with stops in vis, the grottos and komiza.

I'll take a look at Omis :)

regards Kathrin

3. Re: Visit Modra špilja and Zelena špilja at the end of May?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 March 2014, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Split-Dalmatia County
More Split-Dalmatia County Topics